• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorize new device for books purchased from closed vendor Books on Board

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions authorize process for new device does not accept closed vendor Books on Board. How can I open my downloaded, purchased acsm books on on my new computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you used the same adobe id how the first device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I used the same ID on my new computer and the downloaded ADE authorized the books that Ihad  purchased from Amazon with no problem. The problem is that ADE refused to authorized only the books I purchased from the now closed Books-on-Board because that vendor is no longer on the approved list. I paid for these books and moved these e-books from my old computer, which was authorized to open them, to the new computer. How can I get ADE to authorize on my new computer those books purchased from the vendor that is no longer in business? HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you authorize the eBooks with a Adobe ID or a other Vendor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in Response #2, These books were authorized at time of purchase on my old computer with my Adobe ID.

(Books Purchase date: May 26, 2012 08:34pm, BoB Order #: 0000706809). I was able to read them on my old computer. I just purchased a replacement computer, downloaded ADE, and transferred my e-books. I authorized all e-books EXCEPT those purchased from Books-on-board using the same Adobe ID. Adobe'd authorization process will not process the Books-on-Board purchases because the vendor is NOT a choice on the current list. How can I open these books on my new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2012, Books-on-Board was on ADE's list of vendors. The company has since gone out of business and no longer appears on ADE's list of vendors. When I try to authorize these e-books using the same ADOBE ID, I must choose a vendor from current Adobe's list. Books-on-Board no longer is listed and ADE's automated system cannot process the authorization. I think I need a STAFF person to manually process approval. How can I get the help I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the eBooks not linked with your Adobe ID you can only ask the reseller how can you open the eBooks. In this cause the forum of Digital Edition could not help. Not you, not i and not adobe has access to the eBooks itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2012, I had linked the ASCM blocked books purchased from Books on Board with my Adobe ID on my old computer. I read them on that computer.  I bought a new computer, downloaded a new updated copy of ADE, but can not complete the new registration because ADOBE REMOVED the seller's name from the list of choices in the link menu. The book dealer went out of business. The problem is with the ADOBE on-line registration process. I contacted Customer Service, but they do not support Adobe Digital Editions.

I was able to re-register/link the books I purchased from other companies without a problem because the companies are still on the ADOBE list.  This is a problem ADOBE created by removing the company name from the on-line list. Only Adobe can "fix" the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you must wirte a Staff Person. Have under the Name STAFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! How do I connect with STAFF? The search engine results just referred me back to Customer Service, who do not support ADE and could not help. People search just listed members with the letters in their name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Thread in the Forum. In any you found a Staff Person. This person send a private message. Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your advice and for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines