• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using SF UI font on Windows?

Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded San Francisco from supermarin/YosemiteSanFranciscoFont · GitHub and am trying to use it in AE. While it shows up fine in Word and other Windows apps, however, no Adobe application seems to recognise it. Any ideas why?

System is Windows 10 Pro, 32GB RAM, After Effects 13.6.1.6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with that font but Adobe apps are kind of picky when it comes to fonts. I'd try finding it using the Creative Cloud>Assets>Fonts tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it won't be there - it's Apple's UI font for the iPad, so while the TTF from that GitHub link seems to work fine as a font in other Windows applications, the font itself is (at least officially) Mac-only... What I guess I don't know is whether there's something in the TTF spec that could prevent a font being properly cross-platform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd use Helvetica Neue.  Because it contains a bazillion variants, and because you can play with vertical/horizontal scaling, I bet it'll pass visual muster.... unless you're a very picky typeface geek.  I know some, and I feel your pain if you feel compelled to have the real deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good shout, and that's what I'm doing. The two *are* nearly identical, especially at small sizes, so I'd challenge anyone except the pickiest type nerd (or an Apple UI designer) to tell them apart.

SF Helvetica comparison.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines