• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with German Onleihe, ADE 2.0 and 4.5 and Mac OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been discussing this topic for a while in the German Onleihe User Forum, but nobody seems to be able to resolve it.

As it looks right now, everybody with Mac OS X 10.11.2 (or the latest release of Yoseimte aswell) get the same kind of problem when downloading (fulfilling) epub books from the "Onleihe" (which is the provider for eBooks for most of German libraries): Books are downloaded succecssfully (as it seems), the progress bar advances until the end, but then the application just doesn't do anything more. The only option is to forcefully close ADE. This happens both with ADE 2.0 and 4.5, but apparently not with 1.7.2 (which is outdated and cannot be downloaded officially from Adobe anymore).

We dug into what could be the reason for this failing, and ended up with the Mac OS X security update from mid December; after installing this, is seems that the problems started to occur. We are talking about this one:

Informationen zum Sicherheitsinhalt von OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 und zum Sicherheitsupdate 2015-008 -...

Even more favoring this as a reason for failing, a Lion system I have here (Mac OS X 10.7.5) still works, with ADE 2.0.67275.

Checking the logs using "console" in Mac OS X, I see the following:

22.12.15 20:10:47,005 Adobe Digital Editions fulfillmentCallback, newState:422.12.15 20:10:47,006 Adobe Digital Editions fulfillmentCallback, newState:4

22.12.15 20:10:47,007 Adobe Digital Editions fulfillmentCallback, newState:4

22.12.15 20:10:47,008 Adobe Digital Editions fulfillmentCallback, newState:4

22.12.15 20:10:47,008 Adobe Digital Editions fulfillmentCallback, newState:4

22.12.15 20:10:47,009 Adobe Digital Editions fulfillmentCallback, newState:4

22.12.15 20:10:47,024 Adobe Digital Editions fulfillmentCallback, newState:4

22.12.15 20:10:47,024 Adobe Digital Editions connectionDidFinishLoading

22.12.15 20:10:47,085 Adobe Digital Editions fulfillmentCallback, newState:9

---------------- this is the last line I would see on 10.11.2, the rest comes from 10.7.5

22.12.15 20:10:47,123 Adobe Digital Editions unencode url string is http://acs4.onleihe.de/fulfillment/FulfillmentNotification[/url]

22.12.15 20:10:47,123 Adobe Digital Editions encode url string is http://acs4.onleihe.de/fulfillment/FulfillmentNotification[/url]

22.12.15 20:10:47,124 Adobe Digital Editions FulfillmentProgressController::onCallback, newState:9

22.12.15 20:10:47,160 Adobe Digital Editions connectionDidFinishLoading

22.12.15 20:10:47,179 Adobe Digital Editions unencode url string is https://ws.onleihe.de/acs4return[/url]

22.12.15 20:10:47,179 Adobe Digital Editions encode url string is https://ws.onleihe.de/acs4return[/url]

22.12.15 20:10:47,602 Adobe Digital Editions connectionDidFinishLoading

22.12.15 20:10:47,606 Adobe Digital Editions fulfillmentCallback, newState:6

Apparently something fails, hangs, is fenced off by Mac OS X or whatever... Note that there is no security log message from Mac OS X in the logs (I could see at least).

I hope this is resolved soonish; it's really tedious to have to either use an outdated version of ADE, or dust off a real old and slow computer just to be able to fulfill library books.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Best regards, Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Would you be able to please confirm whether ADE 4.5 works fine for you on the same Mac OS when you download and fulfil eBook from any other library or is it an issue you face irrespective of the eBook source?

I would also request you to test the same by downloading one of the eBooks from the Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sharad,

I don't have access to any other kinds of fulfillment than the Onleihe, unfortunately, but two different instances of it. The problem is the same for both (which are: Staufen and Freiburg). The sample book (I tried Kafka's "Der Prozeß") worked out without problems.

The Onleihe problems still persist, I just tried it out again.

Best regards,
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Would it be possible for you to test downloading and fulfilling an eBook from Onleihe on a Windows machine using ADE 4.5 to test if you face any issues there as well? This would help us isolate whether this is specific to Mac.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharad,

It works both on a Window 8.1 machine with ADE 4.5 and a Mac OS X 10.7.5 machne with ADE 2.0. It's just the combination of Mac OS X 10.11.2 with ADE 2.0 and 4.5 which does not work. This is not an issue just on my machine, but seemingly all users of Mac OS X 10.11.2 and ADE 2.0 and 4.5 experience the same thing with the Onleihe. In the Onleihe forum, the current "solution" to this is to use the 1.7.2 ADE version, which is rather unsatisfying, as you can't download it officially from Adobe anymore. With that version, users report the fulfillment working.

Greatly appreciating that you are looking into this!

Best regards,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

it is now 1 1/2 years later, ADE is at version 4.5.4 and this issue is still open. All Onleihe users on 10.11. have this problem as evidenced by various forum posts.

When can a fix be expected???

Thanks,

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, please help your costumers, this issue is years old an ongoing. Where is the bug fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you *bumped* this thread. Did run into the same problem with onleihe on OSX 10.10.5 . Was able to successfully use old Digital Editions  version 1.72 as described in this thread.  Downloaded from Adobe's knowledge base http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403051/attachments/digitaleditions_installer_x86.zip​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem und bin fündig geworden unter dem nachstehenden Link:

http://www.userforum.onleihe.de/lexicon/index.php/Entry/225-MAC-OS-vs-ADE-vs-Onleihe/

Ich habe dann die "alte" ADE Version 3,08 gelöscht und die Version 1.72 geladen.

Danach konnte ich wieder Bücher auf meinen E-Reader Kobo AURA laden.

MFG

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danke, Wolfgang!

Jetzt gehts wieder mit der uralt Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe das gleiche Problem.

Woher habt ihr denn die uralte Version bekommen?

Der Link zur Onleihe funzt bei mir nicht …

Susanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link to the old 1.7.2 version. works again fine with mac osx  10.11.2 and another library. Lets hope adobe can fix the problem soon. Error reports and testers they can find here in this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried with latest version of ADE 4.5.1 with OSX 10.11.3, not seeing this issue. Can you please try now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where do we find the new version?

i expected it here, but Adobe.de is stuck with 4.5... Herunterladen | Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the latest version from Download | Adobe Digital Editions (4.5.1.133054)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dominic.

But the Mac Link shows only the 4.5 Version

https://adedownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_4.5_Installer.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you choose the 4.5 download, you get the 4.5.1.  but 4.5.1 is not working for me... same freeze after download the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac downloads 4.5 Version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you get 4.5.1 with the 4.5 dmg... if you install and check the installed version, its 4.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i dont see that before installing and you tell it wont help anyway, i will wait.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-27 um 15.20.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After reading your post, I was optimistic to try it out.

On my OS X 10.11.3 and I installed ADE using the current ADE installer ADE_4.5_Installer that I just downloaded (dated from Jan 11, 2016). This installer installed ADE 4.5.1.133054. And the problem still remains. Do you have another ADE version?

I have to stay with 1.7.2. That is the only version that currently working for me.

regards, TY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with 10.11.3 and ADE 4.5.1. I tried Version ADE 2 and that did not work either. It also

does not work on the previous OS X version.

I can confirm that it works with ADE 1.7.2

Friedrich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and I also could only resolve it with 1.7.2 as well.

This is really poor software quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines