• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trim path, reverse direction

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a line animation using trim path feature. the image was created in illustrator. for example. in the animation the line is growing/extendiing from left to right. is it possible to reverse the direction to have the animation go from right to left?? w/o going into illustrator and redraw the line in different way??

no matter what i do with the starting/ending point setting it ALWAYS goes from left to right...

any thoughts??

my illustration is actually a lot more complicated than just one line. so to redraw the whole thing would not be efficient...

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Valorous Hero , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

In AE, just to the right of the Path Property are two buttons. These buttons allow you to reverse the path direction — use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 12.17.15.png

By clicking on the direction on the stroke (as I have marked on the image), you will change the direction. It happens to me this issue constantly haha :)!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌If you are animating start then animate end. You change direction by changing the way you animate properties of trim paths.

A quick search of "trim paths" in the search help field at the top right corner of AE  brings up this link: Trim Paths Tutorial: This After Effects feature will change your mograph life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to rearrange Groups under Contents. Groups on bottom will be animated first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE, just to the right of the Path Property are two buttons. These buttons allow you to reverse the path direction — use it.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂 Tks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is 2 years later, but thank you for this response. This is not the first link I clicked to find this information and rather than question the process you just gave the answer. Seriously thank you - it's dead simple, but easily overlooked when you're in over your head which I am now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to popular belief, bananas stay fresh longer in the refrigerator.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 12.17.15.png

By clicking on the direction on the stroke (as I have marked on the image), you will change the direction. It happens to me this issue constantly haha :)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing. I can't believe it took two years for someone to post such a simple, helpful answer. You rock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Showing beats describing every day of the week...   Thanks for the screenshot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines