• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot remove the authorization from my PC

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When removing the authorization from my PC (Windows 7, Home Premium) I get a message that it was not successful.

Some history. I have installed Digital Editions 4.0, I have authorized the PC (succesfully). I opened an .acsm file from Digital Editions. Not successful (error message: "Error! Check Activation"). From the Web I read that installing Digital Editions 3.0 would be the solution. Installed this version also (so both 3.0 and 4.0 on the PC). But the same error occuured in 3.0. Un installed both versions (3.0 and 4.0). Installed version 4.0. Still the same error message with opening an .acsm file. Try to remove the authorization (tot use an other PC). Message that the authorization cannot be removed an the advise tot try it later (which I have done several times).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow - April 2015 - no answer from adobe nor resolution in place?

same here - I cannot remove the authorization - already re-installed after install - same sh*** no solution but also not able to remove.

- I initally received error "E_AUTH_bad_device_key_or_pkcs12" on Win 7 Prof, Adobe DIgital Editions (ADE) version 4.5.1.133054.

- de-install

- new  install

- authroization

- one title downloaded, working.

- after restart same problem again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may want to check this solution; eventually worked for me - though I need doing this now on a bi daily basis...

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12 after Prior Success using Digital Editions. I've tried everything th...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and it was permanently solved by deleting the contents of the hotkey in the Register, which held the authorisation. Someone did it for me, so I can't give you the steps, but the following comes from another forum and I think is exactly the same. However, be very careful as changing things in the registry can cause real problems. At the very least, before you do it create a recovery point. You proceed at your own risk!ADE delete authorisation Hotkey.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines