• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks inside Drop Down Text

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2008 Apr 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inserted a bookmark within a drop down text box, and then linked another topic to that bookmark. However, if you generate and try to click on that link, it takes you to the main page where the drop down is located, not into the opened "version" of the drop down.

Is there some way to make it automatically open that drop down text?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008
Why ask here and in another new post?

For other's the code is being stripped because it was in the wrong part of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has come up before. The problem with dropdowns is that they are designed to be clicked so if you have a bookmark inside a dropdown, the page loads and expects a click to reveal the dropdown. I'm not sure if there is a work around but you could try searching through the forum archives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an article on my site covering this. Brief reply, travelling.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Your site looks like it has exactly what I need - if I knew exactly what to do with it. My html experience is limited - although it is increasing with the use of RH 7, it seems.

Can you give me a bit more detail?

For example, where do I put that code - at that top, or does it matter?

Do I copy the entire piece into each target document - for each target dropdown, or just an additional "// function" line for each one?

I realize you are traveling, and may not respond in detail quickly - but, I do appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to try to explain the details of Peter's method but if you found it and it works the way you want here is a bit of general advice:

Right click on the working page and select View Source. The whole source code will pop up in Notepad. This is a great way to see how other people have implemented a feature you'd like to try.

I looked at what Peter had and it is good because the topics have little extraneous material so you can get right down to the essential functions.

Good luck with it. I suspect Peter can give you more help when he returns..

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFedarko

Post back if not solved yet.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Third attempt to post...)

Peter,

I got a slightly different version of the code to work within RH7, when I click on the "View Selected Items" icon - however, once generated the topics didn't match up any longer.

(Trying to copy the code here, since the other way seems to blow out my post everytime.)

Thank you!

Christi

<script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2>

var arrayofDivs = document.all.tags("DIV");
var arrayofSpans = document.all.tags("SPAN");

function showEmMark(n) {
arrayofDivs.style.display = "block";
}

if (window.location.hash.substring(1)=="FA Business Rules Drop Down"){
setTimeout('showEmMark(0)',500);
}
if (window.location.hash.substring(1)=="Create_FA"){
setTimeout('showEmMark(1)',500);
}
if (window.location.hash.substring(1)=="Search"){
setTimeout('showEmMark(2)',500);
}
if (window.location.hash.substring(1)=="Review"){
setTimeout('showEmMark(3)',500);
}
if (window.location.hash.substring(1)=="FA_Status_Change"){
setTimeout('showEmMark(4)',500);
}
if (window.location.hash.substring(1)=="Reschedule_FA"){
setTimeout('showEmMark(5)',500);
}
if (window.location.hash.substring(1)=="Print"){
setTimeout('showEmMark(6)',500);
}
if (window.location.hash.substring(1)=="Create_FA"){
setTimeout('showEmMark(7)',500);
}
</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI - I am finding the same issue, if I use your exact script as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up a small project using my script, check it is still not working, zip it up and send it to me via my site.

Set out the steps to see the problem and include a link to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Sent winzip file. Thank you for your extra help on this!

Christi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Sent winzip file. Thank you for your extra help on this!

Christi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code works within RH7 - "View Selected Item" however it seems when generating, the code is stripped from the main topic. This is based upon Peter's review of my "small project" created to test.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why ask here and in another new post?

For other's the code is being stripped because it was in the wrong part of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Peter,

I had put it in a separate question - just because it was a different topic. I hadn't gotten your second email, for some reason Spam captured that one. I have moved the script inside of the <head></head> area and it now works after tweaking the placement of which bookmark was where.

I appreciate all of your help on this issue!

Christi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp