• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would like to play audio while displaying multiple slides

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2008 Apr 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded some audio however it only plays for the first slide of my project. I would like the audio to play while the next several slides are displayed. Can I do this?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Question... I only can do this when it prompts me. I haven't found out how to do it by CHOICE (manually).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Here's the deal. Let's say you have 10 slides in your project. Each slide is 3 seconds long. You attempt to insert an audio clip on slide 1 and that audio clip is timed to play for 7 seconds. When you go to insert the clip, you should be prompted to choose a course of action. The bottom action is to start playing on this slide and allow the audio to break naturally across slides.

This means you need need to have an audio clip that will play for the time you would like. (or close to it)

Unfortunately there is not an option in Captivate to take a clip and say play it from Slide x to Slide x.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a good solution to this, Rick... kind of a "work around". After I have the audio done and inserted in my slide, I follow these steps in order to make it go over several slides:
1. I rename the audio file in the library
2. I remove it from the slide
3. I shorten the slide down much less than the audio file would have been
4. I go to Slide properties>Audio and insert from library.
5. When I insert it, it prompts me to stretch it over several slides.

See, this workaround is a sort of "force prompt". It works for me!

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make this work, go to Audio --> Edit --> Project audio. You can then insert slides at various points in the audio recording, and can drag them (just like closed captions) to the appropriate timing in the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is quite simple just:

1. Delete any audio files from your library so that you can start from scratch

2. At the top of the user interface select Audio

3. Hover over Import To

4. Select Background

5. Select the file from your browser

6. The Background Audio Dialog box will appear

7. As long as all of the options that you want are selected you can hit Close ("Save" is greyed out even though it seems like something you should hit before exiting..)

8. Preview your project and you should be all set to go!

Best Wishes,

Andraya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources