• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect Add-In Crashes When Sharing Webcam

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in need of help.  I'm trying to use the Adobe Connect Add-In for some meetings, but any time I click the "Share Webcam" option it gives an error that the Adobe Connect Add-In has stopped working.  I have attempted in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.  I don't believe the browser is the issue because the meeting itself loads fine in either.  It is the separate Add-In that crashes.  It does not even bring up the dialog box to allow or deny access.  It crashes before that box comes up.

Some background information:

ASUS T100

Windows 10

Adobe Connect 9 Add-In (Version 9.2.2)

Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI

I'm attempting to use the built in webcam.  It works on other sites such as www.testmywebcam.net.  Any help is appreciated because right now I have to use another computer in order to share a webcam.

Thanks

TOPICS
Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start with getting the current Add-in. Adobe Connect Downloads and Updates. Version 11.9.974.205 is current.

Does the video work when not using the add-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I wasn't clear in the first post.  It is Adobe Connect Add-In version 11.9.974.205 and Adobe Connect version 9.2.2.  The video of everyone else in the meeting works fine with or without the add-in.  It is only after I try to share my camera that it crashes.  In order to share my camera it forces me to have the add-in.  Using the add-in works until I choose "Start My Webcam" at which point it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I supose it could be a Windows 10 issue, I'll test it on that OS and see if I can replicate the issue.

You shouldn't be forced to use the Add-in for video (though it will recommend that you use the add-in for better performance and quality).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another Windows 10 laptop and can confirm it works without issues on that pc.  I just tried without the add-in and when I selected to share the webcam it went to a blank screen that said launcher=false.

EDIT: If possible I would still like to solve the original problem, but by uninstalling the add-in and using Microsoft Edge instead of Firefox I was able to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the other person who replied that you should reinstall your Add-In but there are a few other tips I'd try, as well. Reboot your computer, close all other unnecessary apps. Within Connect, right click on screen and choose "Settings." Fourth icon from the left change cache to "Unlimited."

BTW easy to install add-in by going to Help menu and choosing Downloads. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem with a new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet.  Surface Pro 3 works fine.

Computer Info:

Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U, 8GB ram
UEFI 103.818.768
Intel HD Graphics 520 (10/27/2015, 20.19.15.4308)

I had the same problems with Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise 64 bit.  I formatted the Pro version and installed Enterprise just to see if it made a difference.  After OS install, I only ran updates from Microsoft, otherwise it was a totally clean machine.

I have two on premise servers, Adobe Connect 8.2.2.0 & Adobe Connect 9.5.0, both behave exactly the same.  If you enter a meeting room with no plugin, you can click "Start My Webcam" and it works fine in either Connect version.  As soon as you install the plugin, and click "Start My Webcam", the plugin dies.

Computer running Adobe Flash Player 19.0.0.226

Two plugins that are failing:

Adobe Connect Add-in 9.4 r96  9.4.96.0
Adobe Connect 9 Add-in version 11.9.974.231

Hope this helps,

Hugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same thing happening on my new surface book. Ugh! I teach online and really wanted this to work on my surface book. Any help would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a lot of angry at Adobe Connect since I operate a Surface Pro 4. Earlier with the Surface Pro 3 (both under Windows 10) there were no problems.

I can start Adobe Connect but when I start the cam or sharing the screen then Adobe Connect crashes after 3 or 4 seconds.

As I also teach online I need an immediate help. Is someone from Adobe reading this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Have you reinstalled the Add-In? Please try this first. Check your Flash Player to ensure you're on the latest version. The Add-In should fix the problem. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌BTW the Add-In can be installed in the Connect room – go to Help>Downloads and you'll land on a page with the download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, I reinstalled the Addin more than once! I deinstalled the addin, reinstalled the latest (V 9) as well as the previous Version 8 one before starting Adobe Connect. I did the same, but startet first Adobe Connect and reinstalled the Addin on resquest of Adobe Connect. I startet Adobe Connect within three different Browsers. I tried everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem with the Surface Book. But the problem is broader than Adobe Connect. Basically, if Firefox is used with the latest Flash Player, it will crash the plugin with any application that requires Flash Player. I tried this with the entire range of webcam checks available on the Internet with the same result. I don't offer a fix, but I have found a clunky work-around. I disabled the three webcams on the Surface Book (front, rear, and IR) and plugged in a USB webcam by Logitech. Everything then works fine. So it looks like a driver issue with the webcams in the Surface Book and Adobe Flash... I now get to go to meetings with my sleek Surface Book, and then plug in my clunky USB webcam.  I feel like a shmoe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just told by tech support that neither the Surface Pro 4 nor the Surface Book is supported by Adobe Connect. Period. They would not go further in troubleshooting. This is a new development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For real?

I just got a SP4 and need to have Connect working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how they can not support these MSFT products. The SP4 a dog enough. Now this!

Adobe: can you join the conversation and let us know what your plan is to fix?

Thank you,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This continues to be a dead end. No word from Adobe and, as I said, AC tech support flatly stated that the Surface Pro 4 and Book is not and will not be supported. No one could say why. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a thread that had an solution for this and I hope it works for you too. Somehow Adobe Captivate is making Adobe Connect crash. The user I was helping with this issue had an Adobe suite of products installed and didn't need Captivate so I uninstalled only that application and rebooted the computer. Now the desktop Connect app is working without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for resolving the issue. I am afraid this solution won't work for me, as I work with both Captivate and Adobe Connect. Is there any other solution for this problem? May it be possible to set Captivate to "Inactive"? Why does Captivate affect my camera and screen capture even when it is not running?

It seems really strange to me that two programs that are used to create E-Learning Content are in conflict so that you can't use both at the same time.

I am using a MacBook Pro 13" mid-2012 with OSX 10.13.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines