Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a more recent version of Captivate file with an older version

Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can someone explain the basic rule regarding opening projects that were created with a different version of Captivate.

For example - I am working with v5.5 and if someone sends me a project created with v7 or v8 or even v9 (if there is a v9), will I be able to open them?

Likewise - if I send to someone that has v7, v8, v9 a project I created with v5.5 - will they be able to open it?

many thanks for a (simple) explanation.

NEL

++++++++++++

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

You can open a file created with an  older version in a more recent version, but you'll never be sure that it will work as expected, especially if you jump several versions. Answer to your second example is YES BUT!

It is not possible to open a file created in a more recent version with an older version, has never been possible with Captivate files. Answer to your first example is NO.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open a file created with an  older version in a more recent version, but you'll never be sure that it will work as expected, especially if you jump several versions. Answer to your second example is YES BUT!

It is not possible to open a file created in a more recent version with an older version, has never been possible with Captivate files. Answer to your first example is NO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybiri,

Many thanks for the explanation.

It is clear now.

Thanks again,

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources