Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

imported audio cut off in the publish

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new one (to me anyway!)

Normally I record and edit all my audio in Presenter, but I'm working on a course where I'm using imported audio on slides. The import went fine. I did my editing in Presenter, which went fine, as expected. I added our corporate standard of .5 second of silence at the beginning and end of each slide. All great.

But when I publish, the last second or two of audio at the end of the slide is getting cut off in the playback.

Normally, I'd have all bullets on click so the narration and the audio would be synced up, but in this case, because the speaker is talking to the bullets rather than reading them verbatim, I opted not to have any animations on the bullets, so all content enters at the same time and then the audio plays. That's when I noticed the problem.

I tried setting bullet 1 on each slide as "after" then subsequent bullets as "with", but no joy. I also tried setting all the bullets to "on click" and having them enter in that half second of silence before the audio starts, but that's not fixing the problem either.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

A couple shots in the dark:

Try adding 2 seconds of silence to the end of the offending slide and see if that helps/hurts/does nothing.

Try editing that audio file in another program (Audacity is free) and add the desired .5 seconds of silence there and then re-import the audio. See if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple shots in the dark:

Try adding 2 seconds of silence to the end of the offending slide and see if that helps/hurts/does nothing.

Try editing that audio file in another program (Audacity is free) and add the desired .5 seconds of silence there and then re-import the audio. See if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the ideas. Increasing the silence in Presenter didn't fix it, but ading the .5 seconds of silence in an outside editor and re-importing did it! Yay!

Now I'm off to make that change to eight courses. Boooo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I don't know that it is a good solution, I'm glad it is a solution.

I'll see if I can bring this to the attention of Adobe and we'll see if they can help identify the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, it's not ideal, but it does seem to be getting the job done. Thanks for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources