• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded CF11 - But unsure of licensing and versions

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated and deployed a CF app from CF8 to CF11. I downloaded the CF 11 "demo" in November, and it has expired. I received an email inviting me to buy. The version in the email says it was CF Enterprise.

I only want to buy Standard, but  - will this screw-up my installation? It's all working, and I don't see any problems. How does an unlicensed version make itself known?

The CF8 version I upgraded from is standard, and we're not doing anything fancy at all. - Executing an external program on the server, creating a PDF from CF Reports, and zipping a folder for downloading is about it.

*really* don't want to re-install, as it was not trivial doing so.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

@itsupport There is only one available installer for CF11, the behaviour of ColdFusion changes based on input serial key. You would not require to re-install ColdFusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@itsupport There is only one available installer for CF11, the behaviour of ColdFusion changes based on input serial key. You would not require to re-install ColdFusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, helps my blood pressure to know these things. The only thing I've seen that's different is that the PDF the site creates has a watermark stating that it's a trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is only until your running the trial/developer edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a stupid question - where do I enter the serial numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks quit easy.

Click on “i” on top right corner in CF administrator console, then type the serial number under “New License” Field.

Click on submit to apply the changes.

test.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am upgrading from CF10 to CF2016.  Website says ok to do but it's not accepting the CF10 license shown in my account.  What constitutes a "valid CF10 license" for this upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Make sure your upgrade is not from Enterprise to Standard. It will not work, you can confirm here, if both your serial number starts with "1185" or "1187", there could be some other issue. If CF2016 serial number starts with "1187" and CF10 start with "1185", then it's a wrong upgrade.

Please confirm.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my orders here in the portal show both CF10 and CF12 licenses start with 1187.  Any suggestions how to get the upgrade to stick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian,

Please send an email at cf.install@adobe.com with serial number/order number.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation