• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 Adobe Digital Editions E_STREAM_ERROR

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning my ADE doesn't work, trying to download an epub from Overdrive. There was a Windows upgrade overnight, maybe related, maybe not. I "upgraded" to Windows 10 a few months ago and had an issue soon after with ADE, and ended  up "solving" it by installing version 3 instead of the newer version 4.

Now that workaround seems to have failed. I uninstalled and reinstalled versions 3 and 4.5--neither works properly.

When I try and download a new book from Overdrive, I get an error "Unable to download. Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem. E_STREAM_ERROR."

With 4.5, thumbnails from existing books in the ADE docs folder show, along with expire date, but won't open. Nothing new will download. With 3.0 I can open existing books but can't download a new one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working now--must have been an Adobe server error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version now works, 3 or 4.5? I ask because I am on Windows 10 and can't any longer transfer books to my Kobo with ADE 3 and I was contemplating reverting to 4.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines