Exit

WebHelp Template Error: cannot resolve macro

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML 5.0.2 Build 801
Word 2003 SP3
I have been working fine until this afternoon. I tried to generate webhelp in two different projects. In the output window I see messages through Updating files, and then a message flashes and it goes to done, but nothign is there to view.
The message is something like Template Error: cannot resolve macro WHH#78 or something like that. I really cannot read it.

I have look for the answer on this forum and in the Help system, to no avail. I will be leaving soon but will come in the morning and try to start troubleshooting again. Any ideas that might help would be greatly appreciated

sandy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 18, 2008 Apr 18, 2008
I went to the RoboHelp customer support and found a solution. I downloaded RoboScriptReg.exe, ran it from the installation folder, and now the problem is solved.

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2008 Apr 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sandy.

Try creating a new project, importing the template and linking the template to a single topic. Then compile and see if that works. If it does not, the problem is inside the template file.

You could try viewing the Output View when you compile to see if that throws up the same error. If it does, you should have a record of it after the generation has "completed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2008 Apr 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a new project. I did not import a template, because I do not know where it resides.

However, when generating web help, it gave me the same error.
It flashes by. Can you tell me the name of the error file that I could view to see the exact error message?

I believe I have just been using the default template on all my projects since I have not imported one in particular. Can you tell me the name of that template. I have been looking in the Microsoft Word directories but cannot find which template is being accessed by RoboHelp Web help.

Sorry to ask such fundamental questions...

Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2008 Apr 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandy.

Can we take a step backwards. Can you tell us whether you are using the RH for Word or RH HTML application. It sounds like you are using the RH for Word app to create your webhelp. If so, it sounds like the template you are using to create your topics may be corrupted. Try generating using a different template. If that works, recreate the original template and apply.

BTW if you are producing Webhelp from the RH for Word application, have you thought about converting your projects to the RH HTML application? It would be better suited to your needs.

Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time.

I am using RoboHelp HTML 5.0.2 Build 801
I have created 5 or 6 help files. I always open them with RoboHelp HTML because the primary layout is web help to be published to the web.
I always use the Single Source Layouts in the Project tab to generate Printed Documents. I usually use the generate primary layout for the web help.

This is the exact error I get, no matter which of my projects I try to generate web help for:

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH2_HTM
Finished compiling WebHelp in 6 sec(s)

Should I reinstall WebHelp to fix the corrupted template? If so will I have to restore my default.css?

I am a really plain bread and butter user. I have not imported any templates or customized any templates. I have always just opened my projects with ROBOhelp HTML and generated. (Successfully, I might add, up until now).

Thanks again for any help you can give me.
Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Word, select Tools > Macros > Security. In the Security Level tab, a Very High or High setting will usually give RH heartburn. Try Medium or Low.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tools>Macros>Security was on Medium. I put it on LOW.

Now I get these errors when I try to generate WebHelp.

Template Active Script Error: (null) [Line: 13] (null)
Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_HOME_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: SF_HOMEPAGE_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH2_HTM
Finished compiling WebHelp in 5 sec(s)

Compilation complete.

THIS IS LOOKING very seriously corrupted! Uck!
Looks like a really broke it, but I have NO idea what I did.

Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered that my System Administrator took away my administration priveleges.

That is the problem

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I went to the RoboHelp customer support and found a solution. I downloaded RoboScriptReg.exe, ran it from the installation folder, and now the problem is solved.

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp