Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 activation?

Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve just inherited a copy of RoboHelp 9 from the previous technical writer who worked at our company a few years ago.

The computer she was using has long since been reformatted, etc.

I installed on a new computer, loaded the original serial number - and it was accepted.

However, when I’m asked to activate or enter my Adobe ID, the screen says “Network error. Please try again later” – even though I have full access to the internet.

I am on a Windows 7 Pro OS, and using Office 2010 (WORD) as my documentation development environment.

I also installed the 9.0.2 update – are there any more recent ones?

It looks like I can still work with the program, but when I generate a Webhelp test file and try a preview, all I get is a flickering line at the top of the screen.

I would appreciate some help getting straightened out.

Thanks

Leybl Botwinik, Documentation manager

Evolven Software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think there were any more for RH9, but you can check the Adobe downloads page directly to see. However, you biggest problem is that RH9 is really, really old now & hasn’t been patched for browser security updates that are killing your WebHelp. There are band-aid measures that can be done to RH10 generated WebHelp, but the real solution is to upgrade to RH2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.

I've had IT prepare a virtual machine with Windows 7 and Office 2007.

I've reinstalled there and it seems to be working.

I still can't contact Adobe via RH9 - it gives me a "Can't connect to Network" error - so my installation may freeze up whenever the licensing timeout mechanism kicks in... but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Be well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may be able to get RH9 activated by calling Adobe Support. I ran into something like that before, and they were able to help.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp