• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I edit Indesign files on my ipad with Creative cloud?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make changes to Indesign files on my ipad and just downloaded the creative cloud app for the ipad. But I cannot open my files, which are in my Dropbox, with the new app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

It's not possible to open InDesign files on an iPad with any app.

All the Creative Cloud app lets you do it look at thumbnails of files. You can't edit them.

The Adobe Comp CC app let you create a preliminary page for an InDesign file which you can open in InDesign. It's not an editor of InDesign files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to open InDesign files on an iPad with any app.

All the Creative Cloud app lets you do it look at thumbnails of files. You can't edit them.

The Adobe Comp CC app let you create a preliminary page for an InDesign file which you can open in InDesign. It's not an editor of InDesign files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this compatibility is a bit of overpromise on Adobe's part. Even the Apple people tell you that InDesign and Comp are compatible but no one rushed to tell you that it was only basic features and only one way export. A bit of a disappointment. Adobe Comp may have been a useful stand alone tool and could have had a decent purpose in its own right, but I don't think it could be called InDesign for iPad by a long shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines