• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization error for library books on Kobo - but only sometimes

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with downloading eBooks from my library to read on my Kobo. I download books all the time and have had no issues, this seems to have started in the last 2/3 weeks with the new OverDrive update.

When borrowing 1 library eBook, I can download the book to ADE and transfer the eBook to my Kobo no problem. However, if I then decide to go back and download a 2nd book, it will download to ADE no problem, but once transferred to the Kobo, I get the error message "oops! This document...." authorization error message. If I delete (not return) both library ebooks from the ADE and then redownload and transfer them both TOGETHER, instead of individually, they both work no problem.

I've tried with new and old ADE (4.5 and 3) and had the same issue. I've tried with an older Kobo Touch and a new Aura - and had the same issue. I've tried authorizing ADE with an Adobe ID and with an OverDrive account - and had the same issue. I work at a public library and am pretty used to troubleshooting eBook problems. The only solution that I've been able to find for this solution has been to delete the books and redownload, which is very frustrating.

Any other experiences with this problem or potential solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Edition and you Reader authorize with the same Adobe ID?
Can you open the eBook in Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same - again!

I can download the books from the library - I can open them in Digitial editions on the PC, but when I transfer them to my KOBO all I get is a big black square where the title book graphic should be and when I try to open it I get that "Oops! This document couldn't be open - this document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with you Adobe ID.  Please sign in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again" message.  - and the real kicker is that it does not do this with every book I have downloaded.  It just does this with the books I really, really am anxious to read.

Tried removing authorization and re-authorizing it - no change.  I tried everything I had tried in the past when this has happened - it seems to happen everytime Adobe decides to change Digital Editions and ends up costing me tons of wasted time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Edition and you Reader authorize with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - I doubled checked - several times.  Also erased authorization and re-authorized several times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very strange. Has you try it with a DRM out a other source? http://www.adobe.com/de/products/digital-editions/eBook.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is site I downloaded it from.

So far nothing has helped.  I can download books from the library to ADE  and read them on my PC - but once I copy them to my KOBO I'm told that I don't have authorization.

This has been going on for some time now and I can't even begin to figure out how much time I've spent trying to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case the eBooks fine. In ADE you can open it so also fine. Has you let checked your Reader over the support of the Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on this issue with everyone I can think of - of course, Adobe and OverDrive are only phantoms in the Cloud and offer no support!

I did have some help with the  library staff and they were very helpful.

So I have uninstalled, installed, updated and reset everything!  And here's where I am now.

I can download books from the library to ADE;

I can cope books from the ADE library to my Kobo;

I can open books from the ADE library and I can open books from Kobo folder on ADE

And here's the kicker and head scratcher

Once the books are downloaded to Kobo, I can open the books - EXCEPT for the one that were published by Little, Brown and Company.  With these I get the the Oops! message.

I started the series and read the first two books - however, now I can't open.  OverDrive did an upgrade recently and I'm wondering if this is where the problem lies - however they have no support at all.  Any attempts to contact their support puts you in touch with your library.

I suppose I could buy a book published by Little, Brown and Company and see if that presents the same issue (which I somehow expect it won't)

I'm a total loss as how to proceed now because I suspect that solution is not in my hands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kobo support sent me to adobe saying it's adobe that have problem with books from public libraries.  I also can open and read a book directly on the ADE but when i unplug the kobo to read directly from kobo, i get the dam Oops.

uninstall ade, factory reset kobo, reconnect, un authorised and re authorize tablet and yes same account on kobo and ade.  I gave this kobo as gift to my girlfriend and now i spent full night troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be interested to see who the publisher of the book is.  So far I'm only have this issue with Little, Brown and Company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you only buy this eBook?

P.s. not staff person, only try to help. If you have a person of adobe you display Staff under the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a Little, Brown and Company book and had no issues downloading it directly to my Kobo and opening it.

I have no idea how you solve a problem that seems to affect only certain publishers and not others.

Would like to know if others are have problems only with certain publishers and not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes its a problem of the server or of the file itself which was create. Can also try to contact the publisher or reseller of the book to check the file itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am having this same problem and as well Ade is downloading them multiple time saying there is no 

Author or or and the publisher is unknown. I have talked to many people about this with no real resolution.  Also both adobe and ADe lose my password and my correct email adress???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines