• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing market brushes to Adobe sketch?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone!

I got my iPad pro and I was so excited to get started drawing and creating! Overall I really love the program and its responsiveness to the apple pencil.

Aside from Adobe Sketch's lack of layers (I use Procreate mostly because it does have this feature), the other thing I found very frustrating about this program was that I cannot import brushes that I have in my library on desktop, or import brushes I've downloaded from the market.

Am I missing something here? How do I do this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

‌

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Hi Hannah,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. A couple of things:

Layers are coming. Very likely in the next few months. So, hang in there with that.

About brushes from Market... It's an extra step, but In order to use Market brushes in Sketch, they must first be formatted/saved to use in Sketch. Do you use Adobe Capture CC? Market brushes can be imported into Capture CC and saved to use in either Sketch, Photoshop CC or Illustrator CC.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. A couple of things:

Layers are coming. Very likely in the next few months. So, hang in there with that.

About brushes from Market... It's an extra step, but In order to use Market brushes in Sketch, they must first be formatted/saved to use in Sketch. Do you use Adobe Capture CC? Market brushes can be imported into Capture CC and saved to use in either Sketch, Photoshop CC or Illustrator CC.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue!

Thank you so much for your reply. I do use adobe CC capture, but I'm wondering if there's a tutorial on how to do what you state to get it into the sketch program? My problem is that when I import the brush to adobe CC capture, it doesn't take into account any of the parameters already set by the user. So esentially it just takes the preview image of the brush and then has me import all the settings like jitter, spacing etc so it really seems like a huge waste of time. Any help is appreciated!!

As well, if I have .tpl brush files for photoshop on my computer, can I import them to sketch somehow?

Super excited to hear about the layers! Thanks again.

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah

Making custom brushes portable to the drawing apps is being/has been discussed by the mobile team but there currently is no way to use Photoshop brushes in Sketch.

And, that's also true for the brushes from Market. Unfortunately the way you've done it, using a preview image of the brush and re-creating it for use in the app, is the only way to do it. It can seem like a lot of work.... especially for a brush that,  in essence, already exists.

I know none of that helps your work but hopefully it will save you some time trying to figure out how to make the app do something it can't.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue!

I really appreciate you clearing it up for me! Like you said, might not be the answer I wanted to hear but you certainly saved me some headache.

I see myself developing a lot of my artwork directly on the iPad pro, so I think having features like port-able brushes would be fantastic   Really excited to see layers coming down the pipe though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome Hannah,

Keep a lookout for the Sketch update with layers. I'm thinking it will probably be around mid-year but it could very well be sooner.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines