• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Windows 7 Professional - Question why my flash player does NOT auto popup to update when update is available in adobe website?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 7 Professional - Question why my flash player does NOT auto popup to update when update is available in adobe website?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

On Windows, when Flash Player determines an update is available it creates a registry entry to display the notification upon system reboot (or log in).

Also, check the Flash Player Settings Manager to ensure your system is configured for updates:

1. In Control Panel go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items
  2. Select the Flash Player item from the list
    • If this is a 64-bit OS, the name will be Flash Player (32-bit)
  3. When the Flash Player Settings Manager displays, go to the Updates tab
  4. Ensure either 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)' or 'Notify me to install updates' is selected
    1. If you select 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)' then Flash Player will update automatically in the background when a new version is detected.
    2. If you select 'Notify me to install updates' then Flash Player will check for an update based on a pre-determined time interval (default = 7 days) and if an update is available, a registry entry is created to display the notification upon system reboot.  'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)'  option will update the system sooner than the 'Notify me to install updates' option.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines