• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player will not install on windows 7 64 bit

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash player will not install on windows 7 64 bit.   Adobe Download Manager hangs.  so I go to the support page, and download the whole installer, it then installs 32 bit version on my 64bit machine, and it does not work. firefox shows 32bit version and asks me to install new plug in

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player installer is a universal installer and installs both 32- and 64-bit versions on a 64-bit OS.  If the offline installer completed without errors, it's most likely installed correctly.  To know for sure I'd need to look at the installation log file.

First, ensure Flash Player is enabled in Firefox: see Enable Flash Player for Firefox

If it's enabled and Firefox still does not detect Flash Player is installed, upload the FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document or some other file sharing service of your choice, that does not require a log in to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash player was already enabled in firefox

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/85349c36-14cc-46eb-a807-59fd982628b3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm not seeing any errors in the log file. Are you using the 64-bit Firefox version?  You can confirm by launching Firefox and then going to Task Manager. If the firefox.exe process has *32 next to it then it's 32-bit, if not it's 64-bit.  Note that the Flash Player (32-bit) item in Control Panel (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items> Flash Player (32-bit)) is just the Flash Player Settings Manager, it is not the plugin itself.

Please try the following:

1. Go to Uninstall Flash Player for Windows‌ and download the latest uninstaller
  2. Go to Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier‌ and download the latest offline installers for all browsers you use.
  3. Close ALL browsers and applications that may use Flash Player (e.g. instant messaging clients, etc).
  4. Run the uninstaller
  5. When it finishes, reboot the system.
    • When the system reboots make sure all programs that may use Flash Player are not running
  6. Run the installer(s) downloaded in step 2
  7. Reboot the system
  8. After logging back in, launch Firefox and go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
  9. Click the Check Now button
  10. Is Flash Player detected?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines