• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter gallery on Photoshop CC not working? why?

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I move to CC, my filter gallery not responsive. Help me please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

I found the solution to my previous problem.

The filter Gallery in Photoshop CC.

Worked only the image is set to 8 bits/channel.

Thanks again  for all your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "not responsive"?  Is it missing, is it grayed out, is it not responding to commands?

You are aware that some filters are not aavilable for 16-bit images, right?

What platform, Macintosh or Windows?  What exact version of the OS? 

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 8 64bit with 20GBb of Ram.

Btw, My old photoelement 11 worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have no clue as to what your Filter Gallery issue is about.

"Not responsive" is non-descriptive.

You have not addressed any of the concerns I expressed nor have you read the link in my previous post.  Click on it and read it now.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution to my previous problem.

The filter Gallery in Photoshop CC.

Worked only the image is set to 8 bits/channel.

Thanks again  for all your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I had the same issue.  I upgraded to Ps CC 2014 v2.2 recently and had the Filter Gallery disabled.  I now set my image to 8 bit  in Lr and it enables it in Ps CC... But I did not realize this was the reason I was preventing from accessing the Filter Gallery (it is not obvious or I was not able to find out why).

Thanks for sharing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get literally none of this to work. I can bring up all the filters I want but none of them work. None of them change the image whatsoever. I have it on 8bit rgb and none of them work. I am so frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same...wth? And I have been using photoshop since the 90s. Adobe needs to ADDRESS THIS AND NOT LEAVE IT UP TO THE FORUM. PAYING way TO MUCH MONEY FOR THIS NONSENSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant get it to work either! helppp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop filters only work in RGB mode, 8-bit. In CMYK they will be greyed out.

there is a trick for that however, if ure working in CMYK, chose each channel seperately, and apply filters to it, filter WILL work.

But why adobe why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2015 Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have converted my files to RGB and 8 bit and I still can not access the filters...any other suggestions for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi whulan51 and anyone else who might have an answer,

Were you able to find a solution? My file is also in RGB 8-bit, but I can't get the filters to work. I'm working on OS-X with the most recent version of Photoshop CC (2015).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maryc18716312,

I recently upgraded to CC 2015, too and had the same problem. The solution was in these forums:

Go to Edit/Preferences/Plug-Ins

Select "Show all Filter Gallery groups and names.

This is not selected by default.  Once I did that, I re-started Photoshop and All My Filters were Back!!!

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a Photoshop user for 10 years. I'm able to access my Filter Gallery, but none of the effects are working.
I tried selecting the "show all filter gallery groups and names function, but that didn't work. Any other suggestions
would be most helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ya, my color mode is RGB and 8 bits. It still didn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG,  thank you for this, finally I have my filters back.

I did what you said:

Go to Edit/Preferences/Plug-Ins

Select "Show all Filter Gallery groups and names.

This is not selected by default.  Once I did that, I re-started Photoshop and All My Filters were Back!!!

However, once I had restarted, fyi I clicked Filter Gallery and then in the drop down list just clicking on any filter in that list and it worked. You have no idea how long I have been trying to get the filters to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. My filter gallery doesn't have any effect on my images. My color mode and bit size is correct. I'm

also on a mac with OS X , let me know if you figured this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  None of my filters are working even though I can access them all through the Filter Gallery.  I have Photoshop CC Online.  The filters were working a couple of weeks ago when I used them.  Now they are not.  The photos are 8 bits/channel and RGB Color.  I am on a Mac, OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.3.  Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB, Memory 8 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3, Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had the same issue for a while now and just just seen this thread. Am using Photoshop CC 2015 1.2 20160113 r 355 v64 if the helps. Using a 15" MacBook Pro Retina display, 2.3 Ghz Quad Core i7, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB graphics card (which is running) and OSX 10.11.3

I tried using several 8bit RGB images in the filter gallery, when the effect is applied there is no preview and when you save the effect the filter has not been applied to the image. Just in case it was an issue with the OS or something else I tired placing the same images into Illustrator and applied the same filters in Illustrator. They all worked and was able to save out the image as a PNG but could equally have saved as a PSD. While we are having issues with Photoshop this maybe a temporary work around.

So what is going on? It seems to me this is an issue with Photoshop and not the OS or any other app or process as the filters work in Illustrator. Hopefully someone at Adobe all read this thread and find out what's broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same computer and the filters work fine. Is your layer lock ?

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not but as you asked just went in and tried again with a couple more pica and even created sone new layers and still not working. When you try and apply the filter the progress bar on the bottom left does move but no changes are made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you post a hi-rez screen grab of the Photoshop window, with the layer selected and the filter gallery settings ? Thanks.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two grabs attached, first showing the image in the filter window, second shown the pic after applying the filter and returning to the main Photoshop window. As you can see I applied a really severe filter so that if it was working the result would be obvious.

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 00.24.52.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-13 at 00.25.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In the filter screen, click in the "square" just at the left of the first "Rough Pastels" name in the bottom of the right column. (an eye will appear, showing the effect), click OK, to apply the effect(s).

This toggle On/Off the visibility of effects.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre! You saved me from a frustrating afternoon. Thanks. Who would have known the grey box area to the left of the filter name would reveal a preview icon. Adobe must think we are psychic! Cheers from New Zealand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines