Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent 4.5 ADE update-"Seamless fulfillment of books across devices"

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent new update to Adobe Digital Editions 4.5, states the following:

"Seamless fulfillment of books across devices: With new version of ADE 4.5, when a consumer fulfills a book on one device, the book will be automatically downloaded to all the other devices that belong to this consumer (activated using the same user ID)."

Before the update I had to use a USB cable to transfer books on to my e-reader (I have a Kobo Glo HD). However, after the recent update to ADE, the books should automatically appear on the e-reader(as implied above). However, after downloading the books on to the desktop Adobe Digital Editions, the books are not automatically being downloaded on to my e-reader, even though both my computer and E-reader are authorized with the same account.

Please help with this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SK6954,

ADE 4.5 does include seamless fulfillment, however, there is a caveat to this. It requires the fulfilling server running Adobe Content Server to be on version 6.5. If the provider that you're buying the book from isn't using this, then your devices won't see the book in the cloud. Then the eReader that you're using must also be using RMSDK 12.5. As far as I know, only ADE 4.5 is using RMSDK 12.5. So it's very likely that the eReader on your device isn't using that version yet (most 3rd party eReader providers are slow to update).

To recap: ADE and/or your 3rd party eReader app and ACS must be on specific software levels to have seamless fulfillment work. If this isn't the case then this won't work for you. You should be able to ask your eBook provider which version of ACS they are on. If it's not 6.5, then seamless fulfillment is not something that you'll be able to take advantage of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

In my case, the e-book provider is Overdrive (library books). Does this mean I would have to request Overdrive to update their Adobe content server to version 6.5?

Also, is it possible for my current e-reader to be upgraded to version "RMSDK 12.5" through a software update?-  Or is this version only possible with future e-reader models?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could certainly ask Overdrive if they have plans to upgrade to 6.5. They may already have plans or they may have no intention of doing so. The capability for seamless fulfillment for your eReader would need to be pushed out in software update by the company that develops it. It's the same thing there as with Overdrive; they may or may not integrate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines