• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcrumbs

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to change the format of breadcrumbs using the stylesheet for WebHelp projects? (RH7) It appears you can either use topic level format or change the font size and color. However, I don't see any way to change the color to something other that the basic colors and you also don't have the option to add bolding or format it any further.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next to the option in the wizard that turns breadcrumbs on and off, there is a Format button.

Deselect Use Topic Level Format and click the Format button there.

Looks like what you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but there is only a limited list of colors. I need to use a different color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but the other options are there.

For color you will have to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.

Make a backup of your project first.

Then generate an output specifying one of the available colours. In each oupt topic you will find something like the following.

document.write("<p style=\"font-family: Raavi; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: 700; font-style:normal; color: rgb(255, 0, 0); text-decoration:none; text-align: right\"> ");
AddMasterBreadcrumbs("FirefoxSync.htm", "font-family: Raavi; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: 700; font-style:normal; color: rgb(255, 0, 0); text-decoration:none; text-align: right", "&gt;", "Home", "New_Topic1.htm");
document.write("<a style=\"font-family: Raavi; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: 700; font-style:normal; color: rgb(255, 0, 0); text-decoration:none; text-align: right\" href=\"New_Topic4.htm\">Book2</a> &gt; New Topic5</p>");

I used an obscure font to locate it. The colour selected was red so that is defined as color: rgb(255, 0, 0)

In the wizard, pick a colour you do not use anywhere in your project and then in the ouput you can do a mass find and replace for whatever colour you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I will give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I'm a bit confused. You can choose literally any color under the sun using the dialog. Just click the "More Colors" link below and you get another dialog with two tabs. Standard and Custom.

I'm unclear on what you are seeking that isn't provided there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a more colors link.

I am looking at the second page of the properties sheet of WebHelp. I click on Format to the right of breadcrumbs and get a format dialog box with color as an option. However, when I click the color drop-down arrow, more colors is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick

I only see More Colors for the breadcrumbs background, not the breadcrumbs text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.

Thank you anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TMSpats2,

If you really want to press the issue, you can find the color settings in the .ssl file.

Using a text editor, find this line:
SSBreadCrumbFontStructure=0;2;0;Arial;-13;0;0;3;34;1;0;0;400;0;9220;100;255;0;255

The last three numbers correspond to rgb for fuschia, the color I selected for breadcrumbs text.

See what happens when you change it here.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a bonus, RH will not meddle with your new color unless you return to the breadcrumbs color dialog. You can go to the dialog and confirm that it has no idea what color you substituted. Cancel out to avoid changing it again.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what the other numbers mean? Where is the font size?

Thanks so much for this info!!! I will definitely give this a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harvey is US west coast I believe so he might not be around for a few hours yet.

See what details you have at the moment. Then change the font and font size in the wizard and generate an output. Check the settings again. That might tell you what you need to know.

If not, post back and I'm sure Harvey will pick it up later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, Peter. I had already figured that one out:) It is the minus number.

Also, this particular file might help me with my question on how to hide the TOC. I will have to test it out.

Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

It's the East Coast, just a stone's throw over the briney to your place. But I suppose from your perspective, it's the West Coast of the big puddle.

TM,
I don't know what the other numbers are, but Peter's method is the one I used for the breadcrumbs font color. If you unlock any more "secrets" in the ssl file, please post back. We should be able to map out that string.

I'm guessing this is a safe place, before generating WebHelp output, to manage other aspects of the display, if the ssl setup dialog is missing an option you need. In each case, you need to verify that you haven't broken the RH dialog for the revised ssl, or whether your custom setting can get overwritten.

Maybe Adobe would be willing to give us a map to the ssl file.
(C'mon, I know you guys sometimes peek in here.)

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The solution I posted here might be of some use - it avoids modifying the SSL file at all and allows the use of in-line style attributes:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=451&threadid=1370500&e...

HTH,

Chris

P.S. I am adding this to help future searches on breadcrumb topics, not to resurrect this old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp