• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have just bought the year subscription for CC 2015 and tried installing. Everything does, but After Effects.

Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I tried multiple times to download/install After Effects 2015 from the cloud. It always fails.

Mac Book Pro, running Yosemite (10.10.2) 2ghz intel core i7 4Gb ram, Intel HD graphics card.

I could install Premiere, Photoshop, Bridge, etc...

After Effects is the MAIN reason I use adobe products!

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say it "fails" could you describe more clearly what you mean? What sort of errors do you get?

Side note: I would recommend updating your OS if you can In the 10.10.5 update, Apple fixed some big bugs on their end that were causing AE to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam,

When I am on the CC installer "page", I get the selections of what to install. I made my choices, it went through the list and installed the selected software.

AE showed it was there but wouldn't launch. I did an uninstall and attempted a reinstall of AE. All I get is that installation failed. tried 5 times, restarts,etc...

Installing After Effects always fails.

I will try the OS upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the OS update and tried to re-install. failed again.

I got these error messages:

Exit Code: 7 Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF024 ...  -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- - 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s) ----------- Payload: Adobe After Effects CC 2015 13.5.0.0 {147EC100-14BE-45EF-AB42-35BAEE7D02F0} ----------- ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Adobe After Effects CC 2015.app/Contents/Frameworks/ArriRawSDK.framework/ArriRawSDK" (Seq 2099) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no luck after 3 tries. Tried to do a suggested renaming of "recommended" folder in Library and let the installer put in a new one. same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this exact same issue. The solution was to uninstall After Effects using the Creative Cloud Application Manager, open the Activity Monitor, end all Adobe processes, delete the After Effects CC 2015 folder in the Applications folder, and then reopen Creative Cloud, and reinstall After Effects. Contacting Adobe support is kind of necessary because they were able to give me a list of which processes in the activity window were Adobe related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to download CC2014, so at least I have something to use, but I would really like to solve this problem since I share files with other film makers.

I was expecting better from Adobe. At least some fixes posted by now. Yosemite has been out for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really odd. After Effects works pretty well on Yosemite for most folks (at least it does after it's been updated to version 13.6.1 or 13.7).

I'd suggest contacting Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact same issue. The solution was to uninstall After Effects using the Creative Cloud Application Manager, open the Activity Monitor, end all Adobe processes, delete the After Effects CC 2015 folder in the Applications folder, and then reopen Creative Cloud, and reinstall After Effects. Contacting Adobe support is kind of necessary because they were able to give me a list of which processes in the activity window were Adobe related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines