• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard. The download link is no longer available.

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just purchased a new computer and am trying to install my Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard.  The download link is no longer available in my Adobe Account.  I do have my serial number but I can't locate the software online.  Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download & Install instructions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2003339 may help

-includes a link to go to a page to download Adobe programs if you don't have a disc or drive

-you will need to enter your original serial number during install for non-Cloud programs

-or kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2081216 may help

Also go to https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/creative_cloud_faq

-and also read https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1146459

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find a link to Acrobat 8 Standard Only 8 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have just purchased a new computer, my old one from 2010 had acrobat 8 standard on it. am unable to find and download any copy of the acrobat 8 standard to reinstall on new computer. how do i get my acrobat 8 back on my new computer. my serial key has 20 numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any links to download Acrobat 8 Standard. Only Pro.

my serial key has 20 numbers

That number is incomplete. Did you get it from the Help > About screen? That screen deliberately truncates the last 4 digits.

A valid serial number has 24 digits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i got serial # from help about screen, can not find original. so what is my remedy if i can't download acrobat 8 standard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any way to download Acrobat 8 Standard.

As for finding the full, valid serial number

Find your Adobe product serial number quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just recently purchased a new computer and wanted to transfer the old Acrobat 8 Standard to this computer.  the Adobe chat helper gave me a link to the Acrobat 9/Acrobat 8 Professional.  But that didn't work.

I de-activated the Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard on my old Lenovo ThinkPad (Windows 7).  I then copied the files from the Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Setup Files to the new drive on the new computer (Dell Windows 10).

Then I double clicked the "Setup.exe" file on the new computer and it installed.  Only once did it require copying another file - the "AdobePDF.dll" that I found in the Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF\I386 folder on my old ThinkPad.

I had the license number for the Acrobat 8.0 so the installation worked just as if I had downloaded the file.  The original downloaded files must be in the "Setup Files" directory.

-Mc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines