Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple lessons in 1 course

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am new to captivate and created a course containing multiple slides. Each slide contains a video. Once the course design finished, I published it as a SCORM 1.2 course and uploaded it to our LMS (absorb 5).

Everything is fine except that in our LMS it shows as 1 lesson only, and reports 100% done once the user has watched all videos. I would like each video/slide to show as a different lesson and progress to be reported after each lesson, so if there are 10 lessons and the user has watched 3, then he/she would be 30% in progress, but currently the user has to attend/watch all lessons before completing the course.

I have no idea how to do this or what settings to change in captivate to achieve this result, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Crouz.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An LMS will see each separately published Captivate CPTX file as a different SCO module.

If you want each VIDEO in your current course to be counted as a separate course module, you need to place only one video per CPTX file and publish them separately as a SCO.  Then you can use the Adobe Multi-SCORM Packager application that comes with Captivate to bundle all of these videos into a Multi-SCORM Course.  The LMS will then see each video as a separate module belonging to the same course and mark them separately for completion.

Make sure your LMS also supports multi-SCORM courses.  Not all do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or you need a scored object on each slide, to be clicked (can be a Next button - do not use the playbar) and add the requirement that the total score has to be 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources