• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search function doesn't work in RoboHelp 7

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use RoboHelp X3 to create webHelp for Simplified Chinese and everying is working well.
Recently, I changed to use RoboHelp 7 as it supports Simplified Chinese.

I downloaded the trail version of RoboHelp 7 (for English windows) and follow the same way (i.e click "generat the primary layout for webhelp") as with RH X3 to create a webHelp. After done, I view the output and frustrated to see neither index is created nor search works (no topic found when search any word).

My question is
1. Will index not created automatically this way? Do I have to run "smart index wizard" to genearte index?
2. I really have no idea why search funtion doesn't work at all. Is it becasue this is a trial RH verson or is any of my setting or step incorrect?

Thanks for anyone's kind help or tip. I studied a lot and still couldn't find out the reason.
Annie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

First, the trial version is not limited in any way except the 30 days use.

Second, try installing the update as that did fix a number of issues that are relevant.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter,
Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded RH 7 trail version only this Monday (April 21) from Adobe website. It didn't indicate the exact build.
You said try to install the update. Could you let me know where can I find the update version? Thanks much!

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help | Updates on the RH menu.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Peter. Unfortunately, update couldn't help either. I'm now thinking to buy a set of Robohelp 7.0. Hope this will resolve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial version has exactly the same functionality as the full version. If the trial and the update has not fixed your problem, then you need to find the solution first.

There is information on my site in Using RH7 that may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2008 May 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Freind

There is no need to worry about the Search Problem. You are using RoboHelp 7. First Step Go into View Menu and then Click on PoDs and expand it.

Second step:Project Manager Pane opens up. Make a folder in it since there is an option, or if you have any problem to find fit try to right click on HTML Project Files. Start Making the topics in it and then generate your webhelp.

---------------------------

You can run the Smart Index Wizard and You can manually create it as well.

Cheers

Addnan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Dear Peter,

I met the following problem, and please help me.

My English (not Chinese) operating system: Windows XP
Version: 2002

Before using RoboHelp 7 to generate Webhelp, I perform the following steps:

1. Control Panel->Regional Options
2. On the "Languages" page make sure make sure you check the box "Install files for East Asian languages".
3. On the "Advanced" page select "Chinese" from the language dropdown list.

Then I perform the following steps:
1. Use RoboHelp 7 to generate Webhelp (my Webhelp project contains localized Chinese files).
2. In the "Search" tab, input a Chinese character(For example "连接") and perform a seach.

Result: Serching...(or 正在搜索) or No topics found (or 未找到主题)。
Expected result: I can get the result.
Text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp