• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

? help with returning library books

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had  to re-install Adobe Digital Editions 3 as needed new hard drive.  It is correctly authorised, but when I try to return library books I get the message error in returning, please authorise pc.  Stalemate results.  I have reinstalled the programme and gone through authorisation again but nothing works.  Pretty useless compared to what it used to be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FI7366033,

There is no need for you to have to go thru the hassle to return these books. Loans done thru Adobe Content Server and Adobe Digital Editions have a preset expiration date on the server. What this means is that, for example, once the preset 3 week time limit passes, the book will be considered returned. When you return a book thru ADE, it is merely returning this book early as a courtesy for the library/bookstore (it allows them to loan it out again against their allotment a little bit quicker). So no worries!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile I have read my 5 book allotment in 1 week and can't borrow until my 3 weeks is up because I can't return them early!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If retrun not work its can also a problem with the Library Server. Has you ask your Library for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines