Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, message copied by mistake

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008
No, quite the reverse. The hotspot and the content can be in the Word document and if it is there, it will be in the PDF.

Click the Advanced button on the first page of the wizard. Also see my article on Printed Documentation on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Other topics in this forum seem to indicate that such text cannot be retrieved in a Word doc in Printed Documentation but that it can be in a pdf."

I don't know how you have got that impression but it is wrong. The PDF can only contain what is in the Word document so how could it be as above. Not in Word, not in PDF.

Try creating just the Word document and see how that goes. Then create the PDF from Word and see where it falls over.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, does that mean that the text in drop-down hot spots cannot be added to any form of Printed Documentation? (Word or PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, quite the reverse. The hotspot and the content can be in the Word document and if it is there, it will be in the PDF.

Click the Advanced button on the first page of the wizard. Also see my article on Printed Documentation on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Peter, thank you so much. I could have sworn I had looked in that Advanced tab yesterday. I think I was sort of panicking & maybe needed to slow down and work more deliberately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp