• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem: W_ADEPT_CORE_WRONG_DEVICE

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. Digital Editions installed fine but it won't download a licensed ebook. It worked fine on my old Windows XP.

I get this error message:

Error getting license.

License Server Communication Problem: W_ADEPT_CORE_WRONG_DEVICE

The book won't download on my Sony Xperia phone either. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

In this case your Digital Edition are fine. Perhaps its a download only for one Device. Ask the Reseller of the eBooks if he can check the permission of the eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the very quick reply.

I only got as far as going to the Adept folder in the registry. It only has the folders "Activation" and "Device". There's no "Adept Key." Inside the "Device" folder there is a file called "key." Inside  "Activation" there are the folders 0000 thru 0004

Any ideas? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the Adept Folder complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this next suggestion, Nanaky. Unfortunately, I still get the same error message after removing the Adept folder completely. It asks for my digital ID, accepts it and says I can now DL licensed content but the particular book is still not downloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get you only the error by one file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my first and only licensed file. I first downloaded it on a Windows 7 system and it worked fine. But it won't DL on my laptop nor my mobile phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try it work a sample file (also with drm): Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for staying with me. The sample ebook downloaded fine. It's that particular licensed ebook that's not working. Does that mean it only allowed a one-time download? It worked fine on my old Windows 7 but I no longer have access to that device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case your Digital Edition are fine. Perhaps its a download only for one Device. Ask the Reseller of the eBooks if he can check the permission of the eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you're right. I'll do thanks. Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You welcome and good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update. I was given a new link and it worked. But before it did, I encountered connection error and said I should have internet connection even though I did. This helped: I cannot get authorized in Digital Editions  Thanks again for staying with me, Nanaky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if any security software anything blocked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I just cleared the browser cache as the link suggested and the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines