Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect Meeting Voice Distortion

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am using Adobe connect for online meeting with my team members. We tested it on Multiple platforms and the incoming and outgoing voice quality was superb.

From past few weeks, I am using it on my laptop for the meeting and team members are complaining that my voice sounds like Darth Vader (it seems to be ghostly voice). I myself checked this issue through the Audio set up wizard and I hear the same voice. 

In early analysis, I assumed it was network issue due to which there are distortion in my voice. But, after upgrading the network issue still the problem persists.

I am using Lenovo Z50 laptop with Windows 10. The voice of my team members is clear and crisp. We have tested it on Android device, iPhone 5 and 6, Mac Book, Windows 7 and Windows 10. It works fine for all but only causing problem on my side.

The inbuilt mic, external mic works fine with Google+, Skype and other IM's.

I have also checked old posts from 2012 where people complained about the same, but those solutions are not working here. Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Meetings , Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Solved.

I've spent about ten hours trying to help my wife with her laptop regarding this.  Same issue as everyone else.  Same slowed speech, same Lenovo product, same Windows 10.

The ONLY thing that finally worked is disabling the "Use Enhanced Audio" checkbox.

I'll give you the instruction set as I performed it for my wife's DeVry College conference call:

1.  Click on the "Connect" icon normally.  Or whatever you do to engage the Adobe Connect plug-in.

2.  Once the plug-in has loaded, and the meetin

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you've posted in the Adobe Audition forum rather than the Adobe Connect one.   You're probably better off posting in the Connect forum (and I've just checked to make sure there is one!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Audition forum to Connect forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you have having audio issues. A few things to try:

1) Have you tried a headset? I use a headset with no issues. I like Plantronics and I use on both Mac and WIndows with excellent results.

2) Increase your cache. RIght click anywhere inside the Connect room and choose "Settings." In the dialog box, choose the third icon from the left (looks like a folder) and set to Unlimited by dragging slider. Don't check the "Don't Ask Again" box (it doesn't work).

3) Are you performing Audio Setup Wizard every time? You need to do this.

4) Reboot your computer and close all unnecessary apps before starting with Connect.

Please try these and let me know if you still have issues.

Sally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved.

I've spent about ten hours trying to help my wife with her laptop regarding this.  Same issue as everyone else.  Same slowed speech, same Lenovo product, same Windows 10.

The ONLY thing that finally worked is disabling the "Use Enhanced Audio" checkbox.

I'll give you the instruction set as I performed it for my wife's DeVry College conference call:

1.  Click on the "Connect" icon normally.  Or whatever you do to engage the Adobe Connect plug-in.

2.  Once the plug-in has loaded, and the meeting dialog box is available, go to the "Meeting" drop-down menu and select Preferences.

3.  From Preferences, navigate down to "Microphone" and click on it.  The middle pane will then show a wide variety of preferences, the first of which is "Use Enhanced Audio".  (In my experience, it is almost always checked by default.)

4.  Un-check "Use Enhanced Audio" and close Preferences.

5.  Be prepared to do this again on each new meeting.

AdobeConnect-Uncheck-Enhanced-Audio.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this option and it seems to work at first but it came back just a few minutes later. Is there any other suggestions or ideas that could help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried unchecking the enhanced audio button and that did not fix the problem. We kept hearing a low, ghostly, almost inaudible voice sporadically on the presenters microphone. Everyone I inquired to suggested it was a bandwidth issue but that was impossible. We were using less than a 20th of our available bandwidth. I was told to open up port 1935 for VOIP to ensure clear bandwidth which was already open for VOIP on Skype. The problem persisted and seemed to be the worst on older computers.

My conclusion was that this was a hardware issue and not a bandwidth or software issue. We happened to have a Blue Microphones Yeti USB mic and began using that. Because it has a dedicated analog to digital converter, that seemed to fix the issue. We've had 3 meetings now without any problems using the same computer as before.

Conclusion, the computer's analog to digital converters were being stressed and causing distortion. To fix the issue, use a USB microphone (not just a USB connected headset or microphone) with a dedicated AD converter and you should be golden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can i get permission using this picture with mentioning URL due to copyrighted website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys for the response.

@Sally -- I was using headphones but still the problem persisted. Although, by performing the Phindersphee steps the problem was resolved. I am currently testing it in various OS and browsers and in both Connect plug-in as well as without plugin. The success and failure ratio currently (after performing Phindersphee steps) is 4:1. I will share my experience again once I am 100% sure that issue has been resolved.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines