Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with .aaf import in premiere pro cc

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I'm having problems with importing an aaf file into premiere. The weird thing is it was working about a week and a bit ago, then stopped. I can't work out why, to my knowledge nothing has changed but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be massively appreciated.

I'm using premiere pro cc and avid media composer. I'm trying to export from avid and import into premiere. I'm creating an .aaf file in avid and trying to import into premiere. When I press import, the progress bar comes up and gets stuck instantly. I can close the aaf import window, but then it leaves the import files progress bar still up and premiere stops responding completely.

At first it worked fine, within premiere I can still use the aaf files already imported, I just can't import more (I can't even import the files I had previously done successfully). I just can't work out why?

Any help would be massively appreciated,

Thanks,

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

We have a known issue with AAF in Premiere Pro CC (7.2.1). Sorry, but for now you'll have to work around this issue. If you want AAF support, you'll have to install an earlier version of the application. Let us know if you need help with that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you help me with that, I guess I want the premiere pro version just prior to the update, but i can only find out how to download cs6 version or CC version...

Thanks,

jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

Please check the below Forum thread and roll back to the Initial version 7.0 of Premiere Pro CC. You can choose to update Premiere Pro CC to the desired version from the below links.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5827476

Updates:

For MAC:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Macintosh

For Windows:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Windows

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue with an aaf file in Premiere Pro 7.2.1, I followed the instructions above, and upon attempting to install the downgrade, I recieved the following error:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC December 2013 (7.2) Update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Please advise, I have a money on the line with this one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for some help with this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should find hits if you search the forums for that error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really... It's a generic error code that simple means the installer, in stand - alone mode failed.  The only advice given is to try and run the installer again, which doesn't help as it produces the same result.

What I am looking for here is a solution to a problem Adobe caused by pushing an update with what is a HUGE issue.  The work around provided does not work, and since I have a high - paying gig on the line, I need someone from Adobe to step to the plate and give me a solution that WILL work. 

Forgive me if my tone seems terse - its not meant to be - but if Adobe didn't adequestly test the 7.2.1 update before releasing it, or they did and pushed it anyway with knwon issues without providing warning of said issues, then they are doing all of us a disservice.  It gets frustrating when one's livelihood is on the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you're right.  Must have been a different error code I remembered seeing.

When exactly did you get the error in the process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I had launched the installer, and entered in my Admin password.  The install started normally, then went almost instantly from 1% to 99% and presented me with a dialogue box that the install had failed, and I could check the error log to help determine the cause.  The words "error log" were hyperlinked, and clicking the ling revealed the error message I described above in a browser window.

I don't know if this matters, but I am on OSX 10.8.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this matters, but I am on OSX 10.8.5

It does.  I'm definitely a Widows guy and the only method I have for fixing any Mac issue is to switch back to Windows.

Sorry.

(On a side note, that 'solution' works every single time, if it comes down to it. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is absolutely not in any way a solution.  My goal is never to add complication to my life, and the derivative morass that is Windows definitely qualifies as added complication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willie,

I know a couple dudes who've built three monster editing machines for the price of one decent Mac editor. And their machines have worked wonderfully well. Judging from the postings on this and other forum boards of the number of Mac users mad as hades over the most recent OS there and the way many of their video cards or other pieces suddenly became useless junk, Windows isn't the only 'side of the aisle' that has it's interesting moments.

In fact ... some of the nastiest problems listed on this board recently have been Mac issues, with either the newest OS and their gear/Adobe stuff, or just with the way Mac's see the newest Adobe files.

There's enough crapola right now on all sides of the aisle to let the ol' Windows/Mac prejudices die a long overdue death. Choose your individual plus/minus ledger and be happy. Or not. Or maybe for this moment, until you side dumps another OS or other problem on you! 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willie,

Please see this article: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1p7-installing-updates-ccm.html. Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running the most recent version of Premiere Pro CC, and I was receiving an error when trying to import an aaf file. This is the only file type I have ever received this error with. So I rolled back to version 7.0.1 as was suggested above, and I am still receiving the same error. Is there some other work around for this problem I'm unaware of?

I'm running PP on Windows 8 if that helps. I've tried importing from various drives, importing through the media browser, and through the media browser on various drives. Every attempt comes up with the same error.

Import Error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this error with AAFs been corrected in the CC 2014 release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe, this isn't like Facebook where you can 'move fast and break things' our livelihoods are at stake here! I need to know that if I update the software its going to add features, not screw up things that were working before!

I also need to know if there is a fix for this Avid AAF import issue, at the moment when I import I get audio but no video. Have you fixed this, or is it an issue with some Sony F5 Canon C300 software I need to install or is Premiere itself still screwed?

I notice that Adobe has not deemed any of us important enough to reply to for some time, but should you consider any of us customers here worthy of your time, I for one would really appreciate an answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of, I'm still crashing trying to import an .aaf file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still an issue with everyone or am I the last one still unable to import AAF into Premiere CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still does not work. This is a major deal breaker in my transition to PP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about with CC2015? I just downloaded and it cannot open an Avid AAF export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole AAF thing is a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same error experienced with the our yesterday's test.. currently we have AVID MC6.5 version, imported the generated aaf file from Media Composer to (MAC) Premiere CC version  7.1.0.

Instead of suggesting to revert to a lower version, can the ADOBE Support team just provide us an update software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to import AAF from MC 8 with all video and audio in PP CS6, with Windows 8.1 Enterprise.  And I know that I could do it about 3, 4 years ago with MC 6 Windows 7, and PP CS6.

This is using AMA for all clips in MC, btw.

No effects come through, obviously, but all edits do, and all clips.  And I seem to always have to create a sequence from scratch and paste the contents of the AAF sequence into it.  But after that it's smooth sailing.  Which is great, because AVID rocks.

The reason for the copy paste that I wrote about is that the frame size for the sequence is always off.  But all it takes is create another sequence with the proper properties and select all copy paste into the new one.

If you needed to, you might be able to email your aaf to someone with CS6 and maybe they could convert it to be openable with CC.  I'll have to experiment with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a Mac solution that seems to work well, though I have yet to figure out how to import the audio tracks... Hope this helps.

Install Apple's Pro Video Formats at this link here:

Pro Video Formats 2.0.1

If you do not have Final Cut Pro installed on your system, follow these instructions to install Pro Video Formats:

martin-thoburn.com » Install the Apple ProRES codec without Final Cut or ProApps

Premiere will then recognize Avid MXF files.

Best of luck,

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines