• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to use Recaptcha V2 with BC?

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to implement the Recaptcha V2 module, (https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/intro)? It requires the challenge response to be verified server side, so I'm trying to find out if BC has implemented the server side code to allow for it to be used instead of the old version?

Regards, Mark.

TOPICS
3rd party integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

It will be available at the end of next week

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not till BC introduce it themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam.

BC Team, is Recaptcha V2 on the radar?

Regards, Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be available at the end of next week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ref Cristinel's post on R212:

Added the ability to use the new Google reCaptcha on web forms (original idea: https://forums.adobe.com/ideas/4297)

It works great on webforms, we started updating our forms already.

But will the new reCaptcha be available also blog comments, Forum posts, etc (In Site settings, Captcha nothing's changed).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not just flick a switch and change stuff, you will have to implement it on most forms you build, just as you would v2 captcha from v1 or the recpatcha modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Mihai. I've added it to a site today and it works a treat.

For those wondering how to implement, replace the existing captcha (v1 or v2) or recaptcha label and module with the following,

<label>Prove you're not a robot <span class="req">*</span></label>

{module_recaptcha version="2"}

and replace the validation script in the form's js with:

if (theForm['g-recaptcha-response']) why += reCaptchaV2IsInvalid(theForm, "Please prove you're not a robot");

Regards, Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark and thanks for your input,

It works perfectly on standard webforms.

On comments, when the form is reinserted, the new validation script is automatically added but there seems to be still an issue with the validation message, as BC returns an error, even when it's validated on the recaptcha module (not a robot).

testpage

Support is looking into it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, always glad to help where I can...

It looks as if you still have the CaptchaV2 javascript inserted as well as the new code..., have you tried it with that removed?

if (theForm.CaptchaV2) why += captchaIsInvalid(theForm, "Enter Word Verification in box below",

"Please enter the correct Word Verification as seen in the image");

Have you tried it with that removed and just with the validation below?

if (theForm['g-recaptcha-response']) why += reCaptchaV2IsInvalid(theForm, "Please prove you're not a robot");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, we tried that it's the same.....

Just updated the script. Do you get this working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not working for me, either. I did what you had tried, added a comment form to an empty page, it's passing the javascript validation but failing the backend check. I checked/modified the code so that it was the same as that used on the webforms that I have working, but it's still throwing the same error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the confirmation from support that it's not functional.

They have escalated the {module_recaptcha version="2"} working in Comments as 'Feature Request'.

Let's see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the assistance from support: the issue can be solved by unchecking the Site settings/Captcha/Comments Option.

You still add the {module_recaptcha version="2"} to your form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

I have a little more information on the workaround mentioned by Eworks-WSI, hopefully it'll save others the couple of hours I spent thinking I was doing something wrong.

If you're trying to add recaptcha version 2 to a comment form and you're getting the validation error after submission, when you try the workaround of unchecking the comments from Site Settings --> Captcha, you may find that the checkbox is disabled but checked. Apparently, this is disabled when the comment count on the site exceeds 500, so in order to get the recaptcha v2 working in this situation, you will need to delete comments until there are less than 500, if you can. This will enable the checkbox and once you uncheck it, the recaptcha will submit successfully.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines