• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which data format do I use to pass to a .NET DLL

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully connected to a .NET dll. However, I am having a problem passing the correct data type.

I asked a fellow developer who works in .NET and he said it must be a "data table". What is the equivalent in CF? A query structure doesn't work.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Microsoft Technet, it appears that there is a DataTable class.  I have no idea how you would go about using that from within ColdFusion, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what a "data table" is, either.  Even after quickly scanning over this page.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WolfShade, in that context it seems like a DataTable is roughly analogous to a query object in ColdFusion (which contains data either retrieved from a database or dynamically created at runtime using QueryNew()).  But how you pass ColdFusion data as a .NET DataTable is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In doing more research I found that CF 8 automatically converts what you pass to the DLL to a data table.

Source - http://qualityexcellence.info/cold-fusion.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation