Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Edition 4.5 - starts with error

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all

We have a user where she gets always this error message when opening Adobe Digital Edition 4.5:

ADE-error1.png

Then we try to erase Authorization, but we get that error:

ADE-error2.png

Then we followed the instructions to delete HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adept  but as we are using Adobe Digital Edition 4.5 as App-V, we find this key instead in this place  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Packages\3FD2D261-552B-41C2-B3CD-0F178105EA94\REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-1606980848-2025429265-839522115-723698\Software\Adobe\Adept    but when we deleted this ...\Adept key and user started Adobe digital Edition 4.5, the key was recreated and the error appeared again.  Is there anyone her who knows how we can deal with this issue when we use ADE 4.5 as App-V ?

Cordialement

Ulrich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you remove the key as admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the key under User's account - I don't see the key when I open Regedit.exe as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right click on registry and run as admin. Then remove the key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When I open Regedit as administrator, the key is not present. The key is only present when I open Regedit as user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when login in user account and start only with admin rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can delete the key under users account, the key then was removed - when user then opened ADE 4.5, the key got recreated and the error appeared again. ADE 4.5 is opened as App-V application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you try to start the registry with right click and run as Admin? So you has admin rights but used the right account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but this doesn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This are very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines