19 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 6:38 AM by JamesMonroeDesignLLC

ICE editor is now showing muse branding?

Rd Design Level 1

Recently I went to to log in to the ICE with one of my clients from their admin section.

I do this by going to the edit tab at the top which normally takes me straight to an editor with no branding / looks like part of the same portal.

This time however I was taken to a muse branded screen that then logged in and I was presented a different Muse branded interface.

I am aware this is how the ICE may work for Muse sites that are not hosted with BC, however all my sites are with BC.

I then checked all my other sites and it is the same; I do not want it to be like this for my clients.

Any clues as to what could have caused this problem?

Many thanks

Ryan

• 1. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
          calinpupaza Adobe Employee

Hey Ryan,

We have recently implemented a update to the editing experience for Adobe Business Catalyst to use the equivalent functionality on the InBrowserEditing platform.

Now, for all Muse created sites, the customer will be redirected on inbrowserediting.adobe.com and be able to perform the same edits.

This was advertised in BusinessCatalyst success stories news letters and on the forum by the bc team - see Updating editing experience for Adobe Muse sites.

This will allow us to provide a unified editing experience for Muse sites, be it hosted on BC or elsewhere, and allow us to further the capabilities of InBrowser Editing at a faster rate,

delivering advancements to the InBrowser Editing users sooner.

I apologize if this change has come as a surprise.

I'd like to know more what are the reasons you don't want the customers to be redirected to the new interface.

Could you please elaborate?

Thank you,

Calin Pupaza

Engineering Manager - Adobe Muse

• 2. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
            compuyam Level 2

Hello Calin

We have over 40 sites mixing bc and muse and contain "ice".

We are shocked about this change. What should we do now with our clients?

Muse IBE allows not the flexibility of BC ICE - Muse IBE is no alternative for BC-ICE.

What is plan B? Is this really the game over for bc-muse mix?

About BC ICE:

With bc-inContext editing a user can duplicate a section.

For example he are able to duplicate an article with a text and a picture. 

In Muse IBE the user only can replace something exisiting (a title, a picture, ...).

Most of the clients want to add new stuff. For example:

They add a team member with a photo and a text. In BC you are able to dublicate this section (photo + text).

Many sites we made with BC ICE and our customer want to edit their sites how they are used to do it.

In BC ICE you have less limitations then in Muse IBE.

I can't belive that now it's not possible to use both: bc ice and muse ibe.

I really hope we are able to give our clients these function back.

Actually we have to do every support for our customers for free.

Can you give me a perspective? A timeline? Something...?

Regards,

Domenic

• 3. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
              compuyam Level 2

Hello RD

What are you doing now? We have the same problem and looking for a solution.

Regards, Domenic.

• 4. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                compuyam Level 2

@ BC-Community:

Who need Business Catalyst and In Context Editing. Please post your comments.

• 5. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?

Hey compuyam, Rd Design,

First of all I'm sorry that this has caused problems - we'll address any problems and concerns as soon as possible not to hinder your relationship with your clients.

It's just that I'm confused about the problem, and I'll need more details from you.

We have enabled editing with InBrowser Editing only for BC websites Published from Muse, and InBrowser Editing has the exact same functionality as the ICE editor had in BC for the same websites. So in terms of editing capabilities they are on par.

If you are seeing the InBrowser Editing editor for websites not published from Muse, that is not intended and there might be a problem. We have run checks on our side but can't tell if that is actually happening.

For this I'll need your help - I'll contact you if you can give me a list of websites that have lost functionality and that (by the logic above) should not be edited with InBrowser Editing, and we'll investigate.

Also, regarding a different issue, we have just released a fix for InBrowser Editing not being able to edit pages added in BC Admin.

Details here:

Re: No more "ice editing" / the new inbrowser editor breaks old business catalyst editor

Thanks,

Calin Pupaza

• 6. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                    Rd Design Level 1

Hello, I have now raised the issue with BC direct (as I've paid them money to have an unbranded platform) who have taken this issue to a higher level and will reply to me shortly.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Ryan

• 7. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                      Rd Design Level 1

My main issue, is the fact you are now showing all my clients how their sites have been designed and I don't want this.

I paid quite a large sum of money to have the platform branded as my own.

Now when you click edit, Muse branding is everywhere and it doesn't even look like part of the BC / my portal anymore, my logo disappears and is replaced with the Muse logo, with a link that says 'back to BC admin' or something on the right; I mean come on, its quite ridiculous.

I wasn't even aware of the now limited functionality as Domenic mentions.

Change it back, or give us a choice which is used.

Kindest Regards

Ryan

• 8. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                        compuyam Level 2

cristinel@adobe: you got a list on your mail.

• 9. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                          strangeideas Level 3

I didn't pay the Premium Partner fee, but if I did, I'd be like give me my money back or let me white label that Muse editor NOW!

• 10. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                            compuyam Level 2

We paid the fee and we can’t accept this irriverente and irresponsabile action.

• 11. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                              Yves -Disgusted- D. Level 2

I paid it too. (when everything "merged" into Creative cloud in the summer of 2013.)

after a few weeks in, i felt like it was some sort of mis-advertisement but now with this...

I feel like i was had...

yd.

• 12. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                                strangeideas Level 3

I have a colleague who is looking into legal action.

The optics to our clients looks bad. I sold them the merits of the BC platform/hosting and now they're being shuffled around to some other space?

If its hosted on BC, label it BC, If you paid for white label, White Label it!

• 13. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?

We have enabled editing with InBrowser Editing only for BC websites Published from Muse

First, if we wanted our clients to use the free IBE service with would have published the Muse site somewhere else.

Second, we paid to rebrand the system, now BC dishonoured our agreement.

For me, it adds up to the considerable pile of trouble i already have with BC

Why didn't they say it wouldn't work, and why didn't they say back in 2013 that they wouldn't develop toward a Muse-BC integration.

I wouldn't had bought the "premium partnership"

strike four!

(sorry for my lousy English)

y.

• 14. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                                    chunter22 Level 1

Yes, I use it all the time and now my sites have all content disabled for in-browser editing. I'm now having to tell clients they can only go to Site Manager > Pages > Edit Page, which is very old school compared to what they were use to. I don't get it. I thought "Advanced HTML markup and page editing"  would work on any html elements.

I loved how I could quickly turn static sites into a simple CMS using in context environment. Might be back to Wordpress simple Advanced Custom Fields for me. 

• 15. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                                      compuyam Level 2

Can we expect a solution for the problem described in this chat with the R212 update?

( …)

• Fixed an issue causing some partner sites to be redirected to InBrowser Editing instead of loading the ICE editor
                                      • Fixed and issue causing white-labeled sites to be redirected to InBrowser Editing instead of loading the ICE editor

Looking hopefull forward to monday.

• 16. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?

Hello everyone,

The change for BC sites to use the IBE editor is one that will allow us bring more advanced editing capabilities when editing the content of Muse sites. None of these changes were of course intended to remove any existing functionality, or cause trouble with your customers.

We have found problems and have implemented fixes, and there's still a few problems we have identified and will fix.

These are caused by the complex interaction that is taking place between the two systems, and I appreciate your understanding and patience until we have identified and fixed all issues.

InBrowser Editing shows Muse branding for Muse websites created by white-labeled partners

With BC R212 we have reverted to the ICE editor for such sites. We will address the problems in the interaction between BC and IBE and we will reenable IBE for such sites. Of course, the experience will be seamless for the user and your custom labeling will be visible in IBE. If you have particular feedback about this approach please contact me with your suggestions or concerns.

Errors of type "file not found" or "security and compatibility"

Similar errors while editing Muse BC websites with IBE have been resolved and we have implemented and deployed the required support for the causes of such errors: editing and saving pages added manually in BC, and navigating to pages with custom URL's (not the default .html URL).

These were accidental issues, and none of them constitute any intentional removal of functionality.

Login errors

We are also looking in sporadic errors that prevent some users to log into IBE when clicking the Edit button, and we have identified the issues and working towards a fix. Please find details regarding these issues here: http://feedback.inbrowserediting.com/#bc-login-error

Again, I appreciate your understanding and patience until we iron our all these issues.

Please contact me with any concerns or other issues you encounter.

Thank you,

Calin Pupaza

1 person found this helpful
                                        • 17. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                                          strangeideas Level 3

This is good news for Premium Partners! Its great to see the Muse team responding so quickly to this issue.

I hope white labeling the IBE in the future will be possible.

• 18. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?

The change for BC sites to use the IBE editor is one that will allow us bring more advanced editing capabilities when editing the content of Muse sites. None of these changes were of course intended to remove any existing functionality, or cause trouble with your customers.

Does this mean that we (Muse users and designer using BC) will have more compatibility between the 2 Adobe products. will we see it work together seamlessly?

Can you confirm this Calinpupaza?

i was told many times that the engineers had things down the pipe...

• 19. Re: ICE editor is now showing muse branding?
                                              JamesMonroeDesignLLC Level 1

I too was taken by surprise by this (Adobe Muse loading screen and branding)... It would be great if this splash / loading screen could at least be more generic.

Showing an ugly apartment and Adobe Muse in the upper left is very unprofessional. I have had many clients confused by this.

Also, I know many of us paid a premium a few years back to be able to white label our editors.

This is a really unfortunate change.

Otherwise, I really love this product!

Thanks for your time.

Jay