Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expanding TOC for bookmarks

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Got my training materials... 2 of em.... Robohelp for the web by John Hedtke and another essentials for Adobe Robohelp 7 HTML by Iconlogic. I like the second one better.

I can't find in either book how to expand the reference for the TOC on the left to include bookmarks when published. Can someone please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I mean:

by default the whole thing is expanded OR each book has it's entire contents expand in one click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi _K_C_

Ummm, I'm not following you here. You are wanting the TOC Books to expand on a single click? How does that factor into Bookmarks? Can you please clarify/

Also, the book by John Hedtke is a bit dated. It was published in July 2002. RoboHelp 7 is logically version 15. That book would have been appropriate for version 2002 or 2002 R2 (logically version 10).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2008 Apr 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the feedback on the book. I pretty much determined it was useless. Kevin is fabulous and he's funny too.

What I meant by my question is when you generate the project in html, each topic is collapsed as well as the main folder. I want my users to see the whole table of contents at a glance, much like when one reviewed the inside cover of a book. And let it be at their option to collapse it.

Do we have control over this in Robohelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2008 Apr 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

The only way I've ever seen the TOC fully expanded when the WebHelp opens is if you generate using the Section 508 version. With that version, the TOC is simply an HTML page with links.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2008 Apr 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That is good to know. Thanks so much for the clarification!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp