• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looping options in Save for Web - Animated GIF

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this one rather annoying, in the latest verison of Adobe Photoshop CS6 when creating an animated GIF via the Save for Web dialog box; there is a looping option section that allows your animation to loop forever, or once...

In the previous version, it would remember which setting you selected for subsequent saves.  In this new version, it forgets it and always defaults to ONCE; where I want FOREVER... making me forget to check it sometimes, when I'm working fast; and create animations that stop after one loop...

Anyone else experience this annoyance?

-Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I noticed it.  I can confirm what you're seeing.

I make it a habit to test the animation, and when I see it stop it reminds me to change the option. 

LoopSettings.jpg

But like you when I do animations I virtually always want them to loop, and having the setting "stick" would be nice.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setting seems to stick with an image, new images are assigned »once« – I guess a Feature Request might be called for

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like people shouldn't have to re-request features that were already features in the last version. 

Either Adobe took the "stickyness" of that setting out on purpose, in which case I'd expect nothing more will be done, or they left it out accidentally with the restructuring of the Timeline window, in which case it would be a bug, no?

But Christoph is right in either case - you can help ensure it is seen by posting it on the http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/ site.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to this in todays version of Photoshop. When saving for web, under the Color Table and Image Size in the Save for web window there is a field called Animation. Setting Loop option to Forever made my GIF loop around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a work around for this issue. I needed to make 30 looping animated gifs of 1080p footage shrunkin down for the web and this is what my action looks like:

1. resize the image
  2. click on the upper right drop down of the timeline window and select "flatten frames into clips" (this takes every video frame and turns it into a layer in the document)
  3. select the "video group" in your layers panel and delete it
  4. click on the upper right drop down of the timeline again but this time select "convert to frame animation
  5. click on the looping options in the lower left of the timeline window and select "forever"
  6. go to "save for web" and use your gif settings that you perfer.

Now that we went through that process the animation type will be set to "forever" and it will apply to any videos in your batch that you automate.

What the history of the action looked like Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 4.54.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this solved on the latest version? I'm running 2015.0.1 and it seems that nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed. I don't understand why 'once' is the default, anyway. I'd encourage adobe to run some analytics on how often people actually export gifs that only run once. Seems very rare, if it is the case very user hostile to have it as the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see the problem is still actual, I am using adobe photoshop 2019 version, but the same problem still exists. Haven't you found a solution to this sproblem yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone found a work around to this yet? How is it possible that there are settings available to select that just don't work...! Adobe this is a serious error in your programming! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution! Was driving me crazy as well. In the lower left of the timeline panel there is dropdown for looping options. Create an action changing this to "forever", then when you save for web it will stick. Save the action and batch the rest of your .gifs 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working from the butt, but working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines