• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions 4.5.126523 ghost ebooks issues

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Digital Editions for a few years to borrow books from my local and university libraries. It always worked well. However, an update was recently installed bringing Digital Editions to version 4.5.126523. Ever since, the applications is not working properly. Sometimes, ebooks I borrowed and returned months ago reappear (the cover is often missing, but not all the time... a little "cloud" glyph appears in the upper left corner of the ebook). Other times, no book show up at all and I have to erase the authorization and authorize again my computer to solve the issue. Everything then seems to be ok, but a few hours later, ghost ebooks (those ebooks I long returned) show up again. If I try to delete them by right clicking and selecting "Remove from Library", they do disappear, but next time I start the application, they come back again.

Anyone else experiences this odd problem? Has anyone found a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Its a bug in the newest Version of Digital Edition. At moment work only go back to old Version 3.0: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a bug in the newest Version of Digital Edition. At moment work only go back to old Version 3.0: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky,

That's very unfortunate, especially since Digital Editions is the only tool available to borrow DRM protected documents from a library (unless I am mistaken on that).

However, I think the problem could specifically be with the latest update as upgrading from version 3 to 4 did not cause that. Perhaps only the 4.5xxx is problematic.

Am I really the only one experiencing that problem? Could it be linked to an incompatibility with hardware or Windows version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the only person, because its a Bug. At moment the issue occurs with all customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines