• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player isn't listed in Plugins

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the adobe site, I have adobe flash player installed.  I am running OS window 8.1 and google Chromium browser.  Any videos that use flash do not run.  I went into the plugins list to enable flash but it does not show up in that list.  I have been through at least four sets of instructions on how to "turn on flash" but they all lead to the plugins list and enabling flash.  Can't enable what isn't there.  Where's my flash player and how do I get it in the list of plugins?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try below link to see how we can enable flash player.It might be helpful in resolving your issue:

Flash Player Help

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed those instructions before... and again at your suggestion... Flash is still not showing up in the plugins list.  Mind you I am not running Chrome but Chromium if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please update your chrome to latest version.Latest flash player will be embedded in chrome latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for the benefit of the other folks that have been trying to provide help on this thread:
The open source Chromium project is distinct from Google Chrome.  
Chromium does not bundle Flash Player.

You'll need to grab the PPAPI installer for Flash Player, which targets Opera and Chromium:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Just choose the appropriate platform and option from the dropdowns.

If you've done that and you're still not seeing Flash Player listed, it's quite possible that Chromium broke Flash plugin detection again.  You can usually work around this by supplying the path to the plugin via commandline parameters. 

There's a guide to the available Chromium commandline parameters, here:

http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but if you're stuck, let me know and I'll get you detailed instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines