Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How about a photo game?

Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi creatives!

I am planning to start some creative games here. Soon there will be an Illustrator game and a Photoshop game.

Before them, who are quite specific, I want to try with a game that is very popular among my photo students intermediate level. Now, it is not a hard game on the photographic level. Anybody can participate. I use to take this with the intermediate as some students find the "context" challenge ... well, challenging

OK, What's this buzz about?

When you were a kid, din't you play an association play - something like a person said a word (let's say WINDOW) and you had to tell the first thing that it brought to your mind (let's say: GLASS)?

Association.

Well, how about doing that with pictures?

So all those who can post pictures, I start with one picture, you look at it and you post a picture that has a connection with mine. You DO NOT need to say what connection that is. It's the fun in the game. We use it to develop creativity through unrevealed association. No words at all are required. Let the visual communication do the work for you. You CAN'T DO WRONG

I did that when I studied photography at university in Malmö and loved it, all my students love it - chances the creatives worldwide might find this playful and funny?

How does this work?

Smoothly I send a picture. Somebody sends an association in another picture. Example: I send a picture of a cat, another creative replies with a dog. A third creative jumps in and checks the last posted reply. A dog? Mmmh, reminds me of my granny's house in Colorado - and sends a picture of Colorado. A fourth creative pass by, sees colorado and thinks, oh I prefer the sea, and sends a picture from Malibu... get it? The picture MUST BE YOURS - and yes it can be edited, photoshopped, montage, set your creativity free BUT USE YOUR OWN MATERIAL, no stock either, and please no nudity, no offensive pictures, no racism and all that jazz.

Just use association. a) What you see, b) what it makes you think of, c) tell it with a picture

Good then let's start the game. Here's the first picture - remember, your reply must go to the latest answer.

DSCN2148.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Water & ice on a sunny day... whisky without ice on a blue night

BW_Project_January.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_6836.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drink Beer_1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG05D_0590.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flos Game-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried posting this earlier, but it failed to appear.  One more try: 

Screenshot 2016-02-01 11.15.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manequin.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_1777.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flute and Guitar BW.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GuitarCityDR.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (897).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0630121938b.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cat-idol.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ispy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to use a full on keyhole surgery picture, but I grossed myself out on Google, so had to resort to a relatively safe clipart picture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we allowed to follow our own posts?  I looked at my picture and saw this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

542390225756f78888142d54f3d17e01_XL.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Dog Play small.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DogWithSign.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crocs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Road Ends.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines