Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wonky Demo Output - Misaligned Text Boxes and Jumpy Mouse

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2008 Apr 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm using Captivate 3 to record a demo of an internal organization's web-based system. As I'm recording I immediately noticed that the mouse gets very jumpy and fades in and out whenever I try to scroll up/down or side to side. It takes it approximate 4-8 seconds to "catch up" and reappear on the demo recording screen. It creates a chopping appearance.

Once I view the recorded demo, the mouse appears to be trailing and creating weird lines (they fade after 3 seconds or so) along the path the mouse previously traveled. Additionally, the auto caption and highlight boxes are totally misaligned with the various links I selected during the demo. Has anyone else seen these same issues and maybe figured a way to fix them? Could it simply be a matter of changing some global recording settings? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eLearningDeveloper and welcome to the community.

I think the problem might lie in the time to capture vs the time to load. To clarify, when you click on a screen, Captivate reacts almost instantly in recording what is on your screen at that time. Unfortunately, since you are capturing off a server (web based system), your screen takes a while to refresh, thus Captivate is recording "incomplete" pages. My suggestion is to use a manual capture method in cases like this i.e PrtScrn to capture your screenshots and manually sart and end Full Motion Recording for drag&drop type of capture The keys used are customisable at Edit/Preferences under the Recording node.

Lastley, work slowly thus allowing full screen refreshing at each stage.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

PS On another subject, try not to save your cp files to the company server as this could lead to file corruption issues, rather save to the standalone PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Andrew,

Thanks very much for the helpful suggestions!

Monica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources