• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having problems with flash player with high cpu usage

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2016 Feb 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent update made anything watching twitch, or youtube with high cpu usuage. What to do ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player TSK.pngTSK.pngWhen paused.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First picture is when I opened the TSK manager in chrome while watching twitch.  Second picture is my TSk Manger for my cpu.  Third picture is when I pause the stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you sure Flash Player is running?  YouTube and Twitch have switched over to HTML5 broadcasts for many of their videos/streams now.  If you right click the video does the Flash player menu appear?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet here is the * view page source* I guess they haven't fully implemented HTML5. They do have a player like this which is manual.  Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. When I use flash player I get 90-100% spike on any twitch or youtube video.
    When I use HTML on twitch I get 40% CPU there is a manual way to do it.
    therefore something is wrong with the Flash player when I updated it.  TSK.png

View page info.jpgFlash player TSK.png

NO FLASH HTML.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a video of what's happening watch it in full!   Flash player lags my whole computer up until I turn it off.
I reinstalled the flash player
I did a virus/malware scam
Everything worked until I updated it on Feb 13 everything previous from the 13.
I reinstalled Firefox, chrome etc. 

This is driving me nuts and you guys are taking forever to help its been 4 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the video, I didn't see the Flash process itself go past 22%.  That seemed in line with what the Firefox process did when it was running the HTML5 player.  That said, in combination with all of the other active processes you have running on your system I do see the hitching motion as video is played.  A couple things I'd try:

1. Download the 64-bit version of Firefox and use that, this could improve things by providing a more modern plugin sandbox.

2. Get Twitch to use StageVideo.  If they made this switch, you'd be able to offload considerable CPU time to your GPU.  We've requested this numerous times but as far as I know, it was never done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines