• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions won't open -acsm file

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bought a ebook from the Google Store, when I wouwnload the .acsm file to open it with Adobe Digital Edition this window popos up and the book won't open.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 18.31.40.png

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Macintosh:

1. quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Press Control+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macintosh:

1. quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Press Control+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you it worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I tried all of this, including uninstall and reinstall and still nothings works on a Windows 10 platform. Everything quit last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you remove the registry key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this too and it didn't work! I deactivated and re-activated and I still get the same error message as above! I get it on my Windows LENOVO ideapad 320 lap-top and my Samsung Galaxy J6+ phone. It's really annoying! Do you have any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bueno, probé todo esto, incluyendo desinstalar y reinstalar y todavía nada funciona en una plataforma Windows 10. Todo se rinde anoche.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had install ADE latest version and having same problem of unable to open ACSM files, and when trying to use your solution, cant find .DAT file any where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved some weeks ago. Today, reopening ADE i got the same problem. so I again dragged the activation.dat file to the trash, then reopened ADE, but when i authorize the computer now appears a window saying wrong "Wrong id or password for this selected ebook supplier. Try again".

Very very boring!

Is it possible that every time you open ADE you get the same problem? This make the program useless!

Not Adobe Style!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you login under www.adobe.com/de? If yes, reset your Password and used only letters and numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, I can… but the problem is: why every time i had to reset the pwd to enter in ADE? this si foolish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because ADE have sometimes problem with any passwords. Better you used a Password with letters and numbers. This is all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but may password contains letters and numbers!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Umlauts and spectral charters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, just sadly normal letters and numbers…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add a screenshot of the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for that answer, it solved my problem (for now) .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as reported: Adobe Digital Editions won't open the ACSM-file. Instead, every time I try, the program crashes.

I have already uninstalled en re-installed ADE and I have the latest version.

I have also un-authorised my PC en re-autorised it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any kind of update on what to do if adobe digital editions is unable to open an ACSM file?

Not sure if it's a good idea to de-authorize an entire machine, or to do a registry edit, just to test if that solution might work. You could lose access to books you already have.

In my case the ACSM file is visible, and Adobe Digital Editions sees it, but when I tell ADE to "add file" to the library, nothing happens. No error message. Nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (131).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the reply i get when i try to authorise my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mee to

so how to slove?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant find digital edition files, am able to open .acsm file on my iphone, but same file is not opening on my mac and ipad pro, keeps getting error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines