• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide Numbering

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2008 Mar 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if it was possible to have "slide x of y" displayed on all of the slides so that the user can get an idea of their progress through the course.

I'm aware of the slide number display when you drag the slider at the bottom and that is not what I am after. I'd like a more permanent display, preferable that automatically labelled the slide much like you can do in a footer of Word or Excel.

The course I intend to create is fairly linear and it is intended that the learner view all of the slides (except for perhaps a few tangential slides that would be optional).

Thanks in advance
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2008 Mar 12, 2008
Hi R_O_S_E

See if this link helps any.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2008 Mar 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R_O_S_E

See if this link helps any.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2008 Mar 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks great Rick. I'm away from the office for a few days, but I'll definitely check it out next week.

Many thanks for the link.

Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2008 Mar 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was the link u gave Rose? I too am interested in this question.

RB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2008 Mar 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RB

The link appears twice in this thread. If you are viewing it on the web, you simply click it to view. But I suppose if you are looking at this using a news reader, you may need the URL.

http://www.raisingaimee.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=29

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at the link you sent before but can't see where to download the slide numbering swf.  When you click the link to download it just takes you to a list of widgets and information about them.  I don't see a place to down load the widget itself.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Which version of Captivate are you using? If it is version 4 or 5, you do not need a widget anymore, there is a system variable that gives you the slide number: cpInfoCurrentSlide

You can insert this variable in a Text Caption, copy/paste it to all slides or put it on a Master slide if you are using Captivate 5.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I'm not real familiar with variable and how to use them. If you have time could you dumb the steps down for me.

Can I put the text caption on slide 1 and then have to go for the rest of the presentation with no transition?

Susan Wright (Equilady)

Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

http://www.equilady.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It is a pity that you did not mention the version you are using?

I did publish two articles as an introduction to using variables, here are the links of blog postings that point to it and explain the goal:

Curious about variables in Captivate 4&5

Unleash the power of variables with advanced actions

If you are using CP4:

Create a text caption on the first slide, insert the system variable cpInfoCurrentSlide (use the X in the toolbar or the dialog box for Text Captions)

Set this text caption to Display for the rest of the Project

If you are using CP5: you can use the same approach or you can put the Text Caption on a Master slide that you apply to all the slides.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized as I was sitting in a meeting that I'd forgotten to say we are using CP5 when I dashed off the previous email. Thank you.

Susan Wright (Equilady)

Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

http://www.equilady.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it need to go in quotes or some kind of brackets?  I just see the command on each slide, not the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello and welcome to the forum,

In editing mode you will see the same $$cpInfoCurrentSlide$$ on each slide, but did you try Previewing (F4 or F12) ? You will see then the way the caption will be displayed after publishing.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2008 Apr 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need teh slide number to display on the preview for reviewing purposes. How can I make that happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 11, 2008 Apr 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

idcynthia, it can be a little confusing - separating "frames" from "slides". Just go to the link (see it listed below once again) and down load the top items. Without getting into "too much information" and long winded explanations of the differences between Flash frames and Captivate slides (trust me, there ARE differences), Paul for reasons that go back to the early days has named the counters "frame" counters, but in fact the "slide" counters are there in the same ZIP package.

Having mentioned the name Paul, a remark about the link and the web-site: It is the web-site of Paul Dewhurst, who created these "widgets" and makes them available to us all. Paul is the "real deal" in community experts, and has been offering users the results of his efforts for a long time. You will have to register before you are allowed to download, but it costs nothing. Say Hi to Paul while you are there, and it never hurts to drop a few bucks in the PayPal link while there ... that is what helps Paul pay for site maintenance, which of course benefits you and I.

Link to Paul's slide (frame) counters .

~best wishes
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, it's great to be able to add the page number in the Captivate movies.

1 question though: i am seeing "1 of 14" when i inserted the animation in page 1 of my CP. Can i modified it so it displays "Step 1 of 14".
Just curious if this function can be improved further, if not, I am happy with what i got here. thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I would require the same on my project. Does this mean I cant get this done using Adobe Captivate 3 and I would require Shockwave to do the same?

Thanks
Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
I downloaded the swf files that you had for the frame counters however they rquire Shockwave I guess? Can you confirm the same? Can we not get this done using just Adobe Captivate 3 ?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks
Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources