• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RdrCEF.exe CPU usage with Adobe Reader DC

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out how to disable RdrCEF.exe*32 process from constantly running.    This service is causing major issues with CPU usage on our Remote Desktop server.   I have read thru multiple threads in the Adobe Forums, and it appears that the issue is tied to Adobe Reader DC automatic updates.  I realize that Adobe has removed the feature that allows users to disable auto updates with DC, but this is practically crashing our servers.   This single process can utilize over 50% of the CPU, and 4GB alone...for a single user.  When the process is running for 2 users, it uses another 50%.   Add them together, and you have 2 users using 100% of the CPU for just this process.  If this isn't a bug, it should be listed as such.  Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please refer the following forum thread once and check if that fixes the issue.

[BUG & Question] DC Version 2015.007.20033 - Event ID 16 & AMAZON

Also refer to this and see if that helps.

Overclockers Forums

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I had reviewed the thread mentioned[BUG & Question] DC Version 2015.007.20033 - Event ID 16 & AMAZON  before posting to the forum (and actually considered making the necessary registry modification), but was hesitant to do so after seeing a user respond that it did not resolve the issue.   Is this the recommended fix/workaround from Adobe on this issue?  Seems to be more of a bug if a registry hack is necessary.  I should add that we host multiple Remote Desktop Servers, and most, if not all, have this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any movement on this issue? We also host Remote Desktop Servers and have exactly the same issue. Is the fix you suggest actually going to work? We cannot have Adobe reader using more than 50% of the server's CPU time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - We host Citrix Environments for our customers (with no access to the Internet). We have 1-3 RdrCEF processes running, all using 50MB RAM per user. 70 + Users per box.....

Does the Reg hack work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have stopped RdrCEF from running by doing the registry changes on this post: Re: Disable online services/features in Acrobat Reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this, I am in the same boat for our Citrix servers.  I will give this a shot there, however on my local win 10 workstation, these keys do not seem to matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines