• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 11 vs 2015

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would anyone know if it is possible to run robohelp 11 and 2015 in parallel on the same machine?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Definitely possible. I've done it for several months without any issue. The only issue you might encounter would depend on how you choose to open projects.

Generally speaking, the newest version is also the last version installed. And the last version installed typically mandates the behavior of the Windows File Association. So if you are accustomed to locating the XPJ file and just double-clicking to open it up, the undesired version of RoboHelp may open.

But as long as you open projects by first opening RoboHelp, you should be fine.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope Rick won't me adding that adding a shortcut to the different versions in your Send To folder helps if you work from File Explorer.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp