• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shapes

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is possible, but I might have missed it. Is there a way to add a shape within RoboHelp. I want to point out certain things within a document so I'd like to put a shape around it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Gania, after you get the image as you want it to be in Word, try simply screen capturing it as it appears there.

I think you will find it is a frustrating struggle to try and expect things to end up in RoboHelp as they are in Word. Remember, Word is intended for creating things to be printed while RoboHelp is intended for creating things to be viewed on screen.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from using positioned text boxes, I don't think there is an easy way.

I'm guessing you don't want to screen capture the document, then mark up the capture as you likely still want to edit the document. Hmmm

Another approach might be to put the text in something like Windows Notepad and save as a TXT file. That way you could continue to edit later if you need to. Then if you were using something like TechSmith SnagIt, you could capture the Notepad file as an image. Mark it up as you like and save in two different formats. One format would be the .SNAG (to maintain the ability to edit the markup) and as your preferred image format (for use in RoboHelp).

Perhaps others have different and better ideas.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you use a simple table with a border and perhaps shading? One column, one row. Although this is probably like the text box that Jeff is talking about (but I don't know how to use that). I use a single cell table to call attention to a specific block of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you expound on the steps required to accomplish that?

Sounds interesting but having a real problem visualizing it.

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops... Rick!

I misunderstood the original post to need a shape (like an arrow) to point out something in the text or to highlight specific phrases with a box around it. I thought it was a block of text that needed attention drawn to it. We sometimes have mini topics within a topic. For example, a brief explanation of account masking in a topic for setting up account masking. Technically we aren't teaching accounting practices in our user guides or help.  So it's kind of like a sidebar, only within the page - not on the side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I wanted to point out something on an image. I tried copying the image to Word, added the box I needed to point out and then copied it into RoboHelp, but for some reason the box disappears when I load it into RoboHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gania, after you get the image as you want it to be in Word, try simply screen capturing it as it appears there.

I think you will find it is a frustrating struggle to try and expect things to end up in RoboHelp as they are in Word. Remember, Word is intended for creating things to be printed while RoboHelp is intended for creating things to be viewed on screen.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Rick's suggestion of doing a screen capture once you've added the shape to your image is the best way to accomplish what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone for all your help. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I created my SnagIt shot and saved it. I then put it in Word and added the shape and resave "picture as" and it will not save the shape that way. I took my shot, put it on the clipboard then pasted it in Word and added my shape. When I saved that shot the shape stayed. I knew there was a way that I did this before. I sure would be nice if RoboHelp came out with enhancement like that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, since I’ve got nuthin’ to contribute on this thread (LOL) – I think you’re getting your Rick’s & Jeff’s mixed up here ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL Jeff

I've worked in call centers in my past and I've been called Jeff and Greg and Mike and many other names I cannot repeat here!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp