• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Edge Windows 10 Flash Player

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the advanced settings, I have the flash player option turned on.  however when I run the test on the website it says it is disabled.  how do I fix this?  Ever since I upgraded to windows 10, I feel like this has happened from the beginning.  I have turned the option on and off, restarting my computer etc.  it still says it is disabled.

Bryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE and Edge have been a moving target in some regards, and we keep having to fix that test page to properly recognize Flash on Win10.  I have another request in to get it fixed.

If you're running into problems with Flash not working in IE and Edge on some content, the following advice should help get you going:

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge introduce a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, our testing indicates that it works as expected with current builds of Flash and Edge.

Have you run Windows Update recently?  Make sure that you have all the latest patches applied.

Please let me know if that fixes it for you.  If not, I'd like to collect some more information to help track this down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thank you for the response.  Yes my computer is updated and it is still not working or passing the test on the website.  The info you gave about the compatibility does not work Microsoft edge, since that option is not in the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, compatibility mode is IE-only.  It's weird.  I had someone test it after I saw your note, and the page is working for us, but we have newer versions of Edge than what are publicly available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how am I going to get this issue fixed lol?  Is it a glitch or something on adobe's end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's set the issue of the test page aside.  What was it that you were trying to accomplish in the first place that wasn't working?

Do you see animation if you go here?

http://www.homestarrunner.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't see any animations on that link you sent me.  Certain websites are telling me that my adobe flash player isn't installed and I cant view the webpage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it sounds like it's not working, but it's a built-in component.  It should just work.

Did you by any chance at some point follow old instructions about manually removing Flash Player by deleting files and registry keys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines