• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash installer wont event start

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was trying to update my flash player because mozilla is starting to be unable to fully view some sites. i downloaded the installer but it wont start. i double clicked and nothing happened. nothing at all, not even an error message.

i also tried uninstalling flash and try again but still wont do a thing.

can someone help me with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

This thread was started in 2012 for a totally different issue.  I'm going to lock it at this point. 

If you're experiencing similar issues and the advice above doesn't help you, please start a new thread, and provide some basic details, like those outlined here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let us know your operating system and browser?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem with install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe

im using  firefox  windows vista 32 bit

when i upgraded it  it was crashing  a few times a day  i had to send crash report  and reload

then it would completly  stop working i would have to unstall it then reinstall  it would kinda work again

yesterday i did the same thing  after 2 days with no problems

now  it downloads  when i try to open the zip nothing happens

then i tried to download it with windows exploder  and  it has stoped working every page crashes

today i uninstalled  firefox  reinstalled it and no change     

how can i fix this  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#fp10.3

i downloaded a version from there and its working          

i think the new version has a lot of problems  and should be deleated and revised   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right clicking on the file, clicking on "Properties" and then "Unblock". This particular Flash installer needs to be unblocked for whatever reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did what you said  mdanehy  and it did indeed  upload it again

however it crashed  3 minute later    adobe flashplayer 11.4r402 has stoped working

a problem caused the program to stop working  correctley  windows close the program  and notify you if solutions are available

then another page opened  saying

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did DEP stop the installation or was it Flash Player itself that crashed? You can try reinstalling and see if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"mdanehy: "Try right clicking on the file, clicking on "Properties" and then "Unblock". This particular Flash installer needs to be unblocked for whatever reason."

You are an angel and a genious. For weeks I´ve been trying to resolve why the exe file would not start, and your simple tip was the solution.I cant begin to express the frustration one feels over totally idiotic problems like this and the time wasted on them - why on earth would a developer put this bug in the file, no person who isnt seriously interested in computers would ever find this solution, they would just stop using flash. Ive been dealing with computers since internet and home computers became more widespread around 1995, and its problems like these (that never seems to stop appearing) that makes you just want to throw the computer out the window and go back to a type writer. 
A big thanx for your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread was started in 2012 for a totally different issue.  I'm going to lock it at this point. 

If you're experiencing similar issues and the advice above doesn't help you, please start a new thread, and provide some basic details, like those outlined here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try running the official uninstaller and deleting all the contents in the Windows/Syswow64/Macromed directory to make sure that Flash is completely uninstalled and then reinstall.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have reinstalled it 5 times now it works for a bit then  i get crash report when load page  

adobe flashplayer 11.4r402 has stoped working

a problem caused the program to stop working  correctley  windows close the program  and notify you if solutions are available

now when i try to retrive it   adobe flash player wont  evin go past 50%

ill try  uninstall it completly  and reload it again    its starting to be very very annoying at this stage

i hope it works this time

i can get a older version to work butttt it wont open my e mails in hotmail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash player stoped the instalition  i think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i used official uninstaller

restarted computer followed everything

it is the first time  the zip opened  and downloaded successfully

trying to use  a program with flash player now

and its crashed  still wont work

thank you for your help mdanehy     i just think they messed up with this flash player   ill run a older version   will just have to change my e maill address wich will be a pain in the backside for work 

or is there anything else i can do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after installing the debuger program from the link i posted earler

everything seems to be working for now fingers crosed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok its gone again and all the stuf i did before to fix it has stoped working 

been at it for five hour now  . i wiped my laptop and reinstalled  vista  to it

so its like a new laptop  but  adobe flash player just wont work

evon on normal browsing  it keeps  spamming

adobe flashplayer 11.4r402 has stoped working

is there any staff that can help me with this  am i the only person this is happening to

and how come it only happened since the new flash player was installed sighs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding "ProtectedMode=0" (without the quotes) to the mms file in the windows/syswow64/macromed directory. You may have to do it within an elevated Notepad, otherwise Vista won't let you edit the file. Click the Windows start button, type in "Notepad", and right click Notepad and run as administrator. Then open and edit the mms file within that.

The protected mode in Flash Player is known to cause crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the advice but i give up at this stage  it works for a few hour and then crashes   

ITS A JOKE OF A UPGRADE IF YOU ASK ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion, if you don't want to try the protectedmode suggestion and you continue to run into problem with 11.4, is to revert to 10.3.183.23.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i open  notepad with run adminstraer  its just a  blank page  cant find mms file

if i write protection mode  then try  to save  it wont  ,, but ill try a older version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't give up on the newer version just yet.

Run Notepad as administrator, click "File" and then "Open" and then go into c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash. Now on the bottom right where it says "Text Documents" change that to "All Files", or you won't see mms. Then you can edit and save mms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded the older version  it seems to be working ok for now flash 10  i think

lol when i type notebook     nothing comes up anymore     only ( jquery allerts) just comes up  notebook is gone or hiding some ware ?

but i have to say thank you very much mdanehy  for your time and patience with me + rep  in the highest way posable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's "notepad" not "notebook".

But I'm glad the older version is working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol thats prob why it wont show little drunk

found it hit file then searched c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash.

found nothing   maybe my laptop is messed up

but if its working now  i think its better to not try fix something thats not broken

and really i cant thank you enough you have been very helpfull mdanehy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just an update  in case any one is interested  since i reverted back to the older version that Chris Campbell   sent me the link to

i have not had one crash report  every sight is working properly    i have been streaming  all day  editing ect

and  my  son had some online  program  running some silly war game  constant

and its working perfect 

so my suggestion  to people who have had the same problem as me dont install the new version again  stay with the old version

do not go near the new version  its a mess dose not work

stay on the old version  its perfect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines