• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeDigitalEditions updating issue

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch my Adobe Digital Editions, I get a notice telling me that there's an updated version of the program and would I like to update? Of course my answer is yes -- but the pop-up window is faulty and won't let me click anything -- even the closing x. I have to go into task manager to close out the window so I can even use the current ADE I have.

I really, really don't want to uninstall and reinstall the newer version of the program, but if that's the only option I can: my question is, can I update my existing program any other way? I've buzzed around the Adobe site and can't find a simple "download updates" but that may be just because I'm not looking in the right spot.

Any advice is appreciated -- thanks.

~Magpie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which error message do you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a similar problem. Get the message that update 4.5.1.26523 is ready (current version is 4.5.1.133054) but if I click update or remind me later it says that ADE 4.5 has stopped working and it is contacting windows for a solution, then it says that the program will close and I will be contacted if a solution is found. If I close the update window then ADE keeps working. I think it may be an issue with me having an admin account on the computer for installing software, but if I go into that and open ADE then the update available window doesn't pop up at all, so I'm very confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right Click on Digital Edition and start as Admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, it didn't show the option to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is strange. Are you try to reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it deletes everything when I uninstall because when I reinstall. It still remembers the activation and the library of books so will have to play around with it a bit. Will let you know how I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Activation and eBooks was not remove by reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines